EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA's, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Krand

Default Extended Target Window

I just have mine set with all on "auto hater" the default.

I am wondering how others use theirs to see if I can steal some ideas :-)
Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1542 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Depending on what's going on, it can be useful to set one to the MA's target, or to set one/some to marked targets. I also have a page of hotkeys to manually add my current target to any one of the slots.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Rep Power: 1680 Tearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden godTearsin Rain is a golden god

personally i use it like this:
i set a bank of hotkeys for the first several slots, which i keep on auto-hate.

in a group situation i generally just eyeball the window and then target the next lowest HP mob, when i pull a group.
in a raid i'll assign the main mob(s) to the slots at the bottom of the window so they're taking up the auto-hater slots, and then use my hotkeys to target new adds as they spawn.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #4
Gudkaap Darktouch
Patton Oswalt is my Messiah.

Rep Power: 510 Gudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden god

or in groups, set one to puller's target... in situations(well in the past) where you had to hotkey target an npc in a script, setting those npc's to slots in the xtar window, /xtar # moves faster than /target name, and won't care how far or if the npc is in line of sight. Also, if you use more than 1 MA on an event... if your RL sets it right and announces, the ext tar window DOES know who MA 1 2 and 3 are, when /assist main/raid might get you the target of the MA nearest.

also can set them for raid mark 1-3. Also good for boxing a toon out of group, set a special assist key to /xtar 1, /assist when you set the groups MA as the first box. /xtar commands can also be faster targeting than /assist as well(like boxing a pet class, less pause or no pause at all to sending out the pet on an assist hotkey)