EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Hunting Grounds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Grounds Post your questions about what, where, and how to kill here.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Brute

Default MG vs FM ( swarming )

Currently, I'm a level 91 SK with just under 3500 aa's

I am wondering which of the 2 zones gets the best bang for the buck, im hearing alot about both, but what I'm wondering, is in all of your opinions, which place gives you the best exp for the trouble put into it.

which mobs hit harder? which have least hp? looking for a comparison to see where I should go since ive never been to FM
Brute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
Umbraeques
Quando omni flunkus maratati

Rep Power: 527 Umbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Umbraeques Send a message via Yahoo to Umbraeques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brute View Post
Currently, I'm a level 91 SK with just under 3500 aa's

I am wondering which of the 2 zones gets the best bang for the buck, im hearing alot about both, but what I'm wondering, is in all of your opinions, which place gives you the best exp for the trouble put into it.

which mobs hit harder? which have least hp? looking for a comparison to see where I should go since ive never been to FM
Not sure about most of that, I do know that there's never anyone else getting in the way in MG, as its an instance. Which for me, makes it the winner.

We have plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
Umbraeques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Nesalie
Established Member

Rep Power: 136 Nesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a Reaver

MG hands down, get your porters and it's insanely fast and efficient. I never liked FM, too much open space and running around to gather up your pulls.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
vaedail

Rep Power: 78 vaedail is an evil Shadow Knightvaedail is an evil Shadow Knightvaedail is an evil Shadow Knightvaedail is an evil Shadow Knightvaedail is an evil Shadow Knightvaedail is an evil Shadow Knight

Fort Mech is definitely easier, is more open so it's easier to 'go big' on pulls. None of the named will harass you too much except that f'kin gnome up at the front, Bablage, but he does that gflux/stun/spin/whatever thing and it is very annoying and it will kill you so either just single him out before you pull or avoid him altogether when he spawns.

MG is a bit harder in terms of the mobs themselves once you get to the higher floors, but I think is probably a bit more XP and as stated, it's instanced so you get the zone to yourself. Definitely be making use of your Harmshields when you start getting to the armored dudes that start knocking back and things.

I'd vote MG personally, it is better once you get used to it. Definitely be doing the 1st and 2nd floors in 1 pull each, then figure it out from there.
vaedail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1560 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Zeka if you can handle it, Beza if you can't.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
jonnypanic
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

Rep Power: 392 jonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden god

Fort Mech is a broader pull area, easier to gather up a mess o' mobs for the novice. Mech Guardian is an instance, so it's yours alone.

I prefer Zeka instances. They're all yours, it's easier to pull a swarm than MG, the mobs are equivalent level (higgher level than Beza instances), and there are no live mobs which could cause runner problems.

An unusual point to keep in mind as well is that many SoF instances, including MG, have some interesting zonewide drops that the regular zones lack. In this case, MG has an excellent AC aug, while Beza and Zeka instances have oddball augs and clickies like an Eye of Zomm click.

Good luck. =)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Moederneuker
Golgi's personal terrorist

Rep Power: 226 Moederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a BloodreaverMoederneuker is a Bloodreaver

i always preferred fort meck over the other mechanical zones, but i like the wide open pulling spaces and not havign to worry about pulling without summons etc. hwoever, i swapped to kaesora library when i was 90 and am amazed i got anywhere in fort mech at 90 before when i go back and see how horrid the xp is in comparison. kaesora's a bit more sticky if you're weaker or less experienced at swarming though sincem obs hit harder and have mroe hps. can get isntances of this long as youve done a few tasks in fos first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdum View Post
I'd just make it in then at 164. I am only slightly smarter than Sam Deathwalker...
Somebody shoot me: First, I agree with Golgi, and then I rank somewhere between Sam Deathwalker and a guy that calls himself Dumdum.
Moederneuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #8
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1560 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnypanic View Post
An unusual point to keep in mind as well is that many SoF instances, including MG, have some interesting zonewide drops that the regular zones lack. In this case, MG has an excellent AC aug, while Beza and Zeka instances have oddball augs and clickies like an Eye of Zomm click.
Beza has the root clicky, which is one of my favourite items in the game for a solo SK. Anything that gives you a unique tool is well worth having. There's also a snare clicky in Beza, which can be nice for mage, pally, etc. alts.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1264 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god

I've still yet to get any of those zonewide clickies. I'd say getting those would be enough to get me back into the swing of things - but nahhhhhh.
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #10
jonnypanic
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

Rep Power: 392 jonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden god

Really? I saw gobs of those "undocumented" augs with the spell damage and heal amount doing Beza instances, failed experiement augs in SHIP and the like.

Like as not, the RNG just worked against you. It took me ages to get the MG aug, but now I see one almost every time I enter it. This stuff is fun to hunt down if only as trophies.