EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA's, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #241
kargren
Inquisitor

Rep Power: 235 kargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaverkargren is a Reaver

Does anyone know for sure if they can make a spell that would add x amount of y type damage to each hit?

So instead of us casting dots and stacking them on the mobs and that taking up spots that could be used for better dots what if we cast a short duration self buff spell that adds poison disease or curse damage to each hit we do?

Or because we are looking at raid utility what about it being for the entire group? For example instead of casting our latest poison dot were it does 1.5kish per tick we add 50 poison damage per hit of all the group members?

It would have to go in the song window and give it a minimum 30 second duration so it is focusable. Really I would prefer it to be basicly the same length as the original dot.
kargren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 AM   #242
Gudkaap Darktouch
Patton Oswalt is my Messiah.

Rep Power: 523 Gudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden godGudkaap Darktouch is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
Here is one late to the table

Focused Antipathy

Reduce grp hate by 50%
Increase self hate by 30%
2 mins duration
20 min reuse

Reasoning

Burn mode SK with HT + VoD plus all the hate tools are really hard to pull agro from, but that is like once every 20 mins.

Many classes have faster reuse on many of their higher agro DPS tools (e.g. I box a necro), and it would be useful to not have to worry about agro so much more than once every 20 mins.

Sure I should be happy constantly chaining terrors, and I should FD my necro to drop agro much more often, but just being able to turn dps up a notch more frequently would be useful.
Undivided Acrimony
Old 08-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #243
Weaklink

With the huge amount of Hp's that names seem to have in Voa and if they do the same thing with the next expansion, can we use that reasoning to get an AA that will cast mortal coil, lets say once ever 30 minutes.

What about an AA aura that gives a good lifetap heal for every melee hit on a mob?
Weaklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #244
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Rep Power: 592 Darksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaklink View Post
With the huge amount of Hp's that names seem to have in Voa and if they do the same thing with the next expansion, can we use that reasoning to get an AA that will cast mortal coil, lets say once ever 30 minutes.
Give up on Mortal Coil. There are things the class needs more than another ability to use for swarming. Epic 2.0 and Anguish BP not enough?

Quote:
What about an AA aura that gives a good lifetap heal for every melee hit on a mob?
Give up on Mortal Coil. There are things the class needs more than another ability to use for swarming. Epic 2.0 and Anguish BP not enough?

The devs have said they don't want to introduce any more auras.
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #245
Weaklink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksidhe View Post

The devs have said they don't want to introduce any more auras.
I was thinking an aura so it would effect all the melee in a group, vs a spell that you would land on the named that would effect all the melee in a raid. And an AA to set off mortal coil would be nice to use, half way through a long named fight for a group, once we already used our other good defense abilities.
Weaklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #246
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Rep Power: 592 Darksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden godDarksidhe is a golden god

Quote:
I was thinking an aura so it would effect all the melee in a group, vs a spell that you would land on the named that would effect all the melee in a raid. And an AA to set off mortal coil would be nice to use, half way through a long named fight for a group, once we already used our other good defense abilities.
You'd be better off coming up with an original AA that doesn't have the "lifetap from melee damage" effect.
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #247
Viltaire

Rep Power: 268 Viltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread Lord

What about an activated disc to get mana from melee swings. You just died thought leech is down you could hit the disc melee a bit to get mana to rebuff and get set if you have to step in on another add or boss. Just an idea and probably mentioned before.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #248
Jugrnott

Rep Power: 88 Jugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a ReaverJugrnott is a Reaver

Quote:

Leechcurse? Except it doesn't have the ac but does bring it to 100% heal amount
Jugrnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #249
Viltaire

Rep Power: 268 Viltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread LordViltaire is a Dread Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugrnott View Post
Leechcurse? Except it doesn't have the ac but does bring it to 100% heal amount
It doesn't affect mana. I meant a leechcurse for mana. Kind of how we have lifeleech and thoughtleech, we could have a manaleech similar to leechcurse, but regenerating our mana per swing instead of our health.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #250
jonnypanic
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

Rep Power: 391 jonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden god

He wasn't responding to you, volt.

I definitely like the bite proc idea.