EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Hunting Grounds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Grounds Post your questions about what, where, and how to kill here.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Neudayan

Rep Power: 150 Neudayan is a sinister Shadow KnightNeudayan is a sinister Shadow KnightNeudayan is a sinister Shadow Knight
Default Swarm capability eval please

I'm considering giving EQ another try with my SK and need to get up to speed. Swarming seems to be my best option. But I'm nowhere near high level enough, I know. I'd like to get some feedback on how well I could do it, or what I'd need. No Magelo, so here's a rundown:

Level 90
Full T4 Lucid
Buffed AC of approx 6100
Epic 2.0
CA38, CS33, no Delay Death
675 resists from MPG trials but no Defiance AA
Double Riposte 2/6
Shield Block 12 (max minus VoA)
Flurry 2/9
Knight's Adv maxed
Knight's Return Strike 1
Mortal Coil 2/12
Soul Abrasion max
Speed o.t. Knight 13/18
Steadfast 4/8
Theft of Life 15/19
Touch o.t. Cursed 18/27
Touch o.t. Wicked max

(Edit: Just realized i posted this in the wrong board. Oh well)

Last edited by Neudayan : 03-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Neudayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #2
Sheitan
Elder Member

Rep Power: 0 Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan

You forgot the list of what zones you have successfully swarmed and the mob count of your best swarm to date. Don't have those? oh well...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

you're all still sluts...
Sheitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Twinkeltoes
AC > Sex

Rep Power: 890 Twinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden godTwinkeltoes is a golden god

You can swarm [___This____] many. In (insert zone here).

And ffs, max out MC, that will help you out with swarming more than anything. As well as Visage (at least first level)

lvl 90 Is most people's beza, zeka or mech gaurdian. Some people start going to kaesora Library but think you're a lil under AA for that, full Lucid is good at least. Not sure what your off slots are like.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
Twinkeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
Wooknight
Established Member

Rep Power: 186 Wooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a ReaverWooknight is a Reaver

Max MC and Double riposte yesterday and knights return strike

Your level isnt killing you, your non swarming centric AA choice is whats killing you

Your going to have a hard time swarming without those AA

and Spell casting reinforcement maxed

Spell casting mastery helps a heap too

you also didnt list what Vets wrath is at? Another important swarming AA
Wooknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Vezax
I need to set a custom title

Rep Power: 273 Vezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge KnightVezax is a Scourge Knight

Every new swarming thread makes me wish they would nerf swarming. People who cant use search makes me a sad panda.

Seriously this topic has been covered to death in dozens of threads. Try doing some research here first (HI SEARCH) then try swarming, if you get crazy xp then huzzah you dont need to make a thread, if you die then do more research and try again.

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED TO DEATH UNLESS YOU CONTRIBUTE NEW INFORMATION DO NOT START A NEW THREAD. EVERY QUESTION YOU HAVE EVER THOUGHT OF OR ASKED HAS BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY.
Vezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Nezbin

Rep Power: 218 Nezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow Knight

I think your best bet at 90 would be fort mech.
Nezbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
Neudayan

Rep Power: 150 Neudayan is a sinister Shadow KnightNeudayan is a sinister Shadow KnightNeudayan is a sinister Shadow Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheitan View Post
You forgot the list of what zones you have successfully swarmed and the mob count of your best swarm to date. Don't have those? oh well...
I haven't. This is new to me. I'd have to go to lowbie abandoned zones with high agro to practice the basics.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Neudayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooknight View Post
Max MC and Double riposte yesterday and knights return strike

Your level isnt killing you, your non swarming centric AA choice is whats killing you

Your going to have a hard time swarming without those AA

and Spell casting reinforcement maxed

Spell casting mastery helps a heap too

you also didnt list what Vets wrath is at? Another important swarming AA
Thanks much. That will keep me busy for a while.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
Neudayan

BTW, my AA choices were clouded by the AA guide here. :\ Look up the grades for MC and DR and KRS.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #10
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1542 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Swarming and actually playing the game require almost antithetical skillsets.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote