EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA's, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #1
Qaam Asutra
Established Member

Rep Power: 0 Qaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a Druid
Default Mirrored Pestilence working?

This was the first AA I bought a few days ago and still haven't seen it work. Has anyone else seen it working?

Also, plague seems to bounce a lot for a corruption spell. Anyone notice this?
(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

pr0n
Qaam Asutra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
Kralthan

Rep Power: 243 Kralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a Reaver

[Wed Nov 23 02:16:45 2011] You twincast Plague of Piqiorn.
[Wed Nov 23 05:40:57 2011] You twincast Plague of Iglum Rk. II.
[Wed Nov 23 06:18:35 2011] You twincast Blood of Korum.
[Wed Nov 23 12:22:01 2011] You twincast Blood of Korum.

It looks like it does work, but it happens a low % of the time. As for the resist rate, I cant comment. Most my time has been spent grinding some levels and AAs in older content so far.
Kralthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Chania
Hdex + Hagi > all

Rep Power: 588 Chania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden god

Not having this, I'm guesing it lands on the mob as 2 seperate dots as if casted by anothe SK?

Chania Thanatos
Guild Leader of Echoes in Eternity
Povar/Quellious/Rodcet Nife
"Fear now, Snare later"
Chania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Modalex
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Rep Power: 372 Modalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden godModalex is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chania View Post
Not having this, I'm guesing it lands on the mob as 2 seperate dots as if casted by anothe SK?
Exactly. And all 3 ranks will only give a 4% chance of firing I believe.
Modalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
Samir

Rep Power: 260 Samir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread LordSamir is a Dread Lord

I've seen the twincast message a lot, but never seen the damage message come up twice afterwards. The damage is still the same, not doubled or anything. I was going to bug it last night but I wasn't sure.
I've also noticed that my shaman bot get the twincast message a lot casting dots, but also never gets more than the single damage message.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #6
Kralthan

Rep Power: 243 Kralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a ReaverKralthan is a Reaver

Ok, so this had me curious and I did a bit of further testing today using the dummies in the new guildhall with enough people in my group so I could see spells on mobs. This AA does NOT in fact put a 2nd DoT on the mob, so thats why we aren't seeing 2 lines of damage in the logs. However it does seem to be doing double the damage when the spell is twincasted.

[Fri Nov 25 14:20:13 2011] You begin casting Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:13 2011] You twincast Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:13 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 2982 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:19 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 2658 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:25 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 3328 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:31 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 2852 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:38 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 3198 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:44 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 11676 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:50 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 2852 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:56 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 9996 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:20:56 2011] Your Blood of Korum spell has worn off of Combat Dummy Dena.

And here's with no twincast ....

[Fri Nov 25 14:24:57 2011] You begin casting Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:00 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1524 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:06 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1329 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:12 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1664 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:18 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1610 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:24 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1567 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:30 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 5076 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:36 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 1448 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:42 2011] Combat Dummy Dena has taken 5117 damage from your Blood of Korum.
[Fri Nov 25 14:25:42 2011] Your Blood of Korum spell has worn off of Combat Dummy Dena.

So it does appear to be functioning. Sadly there isn't really a good way to track a twincasted dot in the middle of heavy fighting (audio triggers?) so you can overwrite it if you are recasting them before they have worn off and then you'll be doing standard damage.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:25 AM   #7
Chania
Hdex + Hagi > all

Rep Power: 588 Chania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden godChania is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralthan View Post
So it does appear to be functioning. Sadly there isn't really a good way to track a twincasted dot in the middle of heavy fighting (audio triggers?) so you can overwrite it if you are recasting them before they have worn off and then you'll be doing standard damage.

Shit! That is a serious problem ~

Chania Thanatos
Guild Leader of Echoes in Eternity
Povar/Quellious/Rodcet Nife
"Fear now, Snare later"
Chania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1560 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chania View Post
Shit! That is a serious problem ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slein Jinn View Post
Quote:
Twincast now functions for DoT spells. If twincast goes off for a DoT spell, all damage/heal amounts will be doubled on each tick.
I wonder how this will interact with reapplying DoT's before they have run their course. If you reapply a DoT that you have twincast, will it essentially overwrite the twincast and reset it back to base damage? I'm guessing SOE didn't consider this issue, which would be a particular nuisance to us, given that we very often are reapplying DoT's very early for other reasons... If I'm right, we need to push for an emote for a twincast DoT so that we can set an audio trigger to keep track of which DoT's not to overwrite early. Just what we need... something to further the gaping chasm between my DPS and that of my guild's other SK's, heh.
Called it two years ago. Zing!

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
Kralthan

Doh, so I wasted time checking it myself and posting results when I could have just used search, but the earlier response in the this thread about the DoTs landing as 2 different spells didnt seem right to me. I blame an overdose of turkey.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Qaam Asutra
Established Member

Rep Power: 0 Qaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a DruidQaam Asutra would rather be a Druid

I've seen the twincast message a few times now but it is very low, like 1% in my logs for level 2.

No double dot icons and no separate message but the damage seems to be there. Overall this AA is very underwhelming.
(in-ep-toc'-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

pr0n
Qaam Asutra is offline   Reply With Quote