EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA's, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Chump

Default Leveling 80+ Swarming

Hello. First time poster here. I was just looking for some advice on beginning the journey from my current level of 80 to 90. I solo about 95% of the time, and I have learned the art of swarm kiting thanks to these boards and through personal trial and error, so if it is even possible, I would like to get to 90 through swarming exclusively, if it's possible. I currently am doing most of my exping in pofire and sometimes in Paw, but since everything is light blue in both of those zones at 80, I'm assuming they will be going green soon, which means no mortal coil, which means no swarming.

I've been reading through a lot of threads and picked up what I could on the topic and sort of concluded that good places to SK swarm in were MG, FM, Thal, Tosk and eventually Kaesora Library. Is it possible to do any of these locations while leveling from 80 to 90? If not, does anyone have any recommendations for the swarming leveling up in easier zones that still yield a good amount of experience?
Chump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Umbraeques
Quando omni flunkus maratati

Rep Power: 529 Umbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden godUmbraeques is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Umbraeques Send a message via Yahoo to Umbraeques

I did Fire till 81, then Thalasius till 88 and then MG from there on. Did a few stints in FM and Kaesora, here and there. Valdeholm is also reputed to be pretty good at around 85, though I've not tried it personally.

Almost all my xp from 80-90 was solo, mostly swarming, some while hunting augs (Bayles in SoD was decent xp at 85) and some doing SoD progression tasks/missions with a box shm. The rest was from the occasional grouping with others.

We have plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
Umbraeques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
Osrangar

Rep Power: 157 Osrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a Revenant

Thal is my recommendation for sure until 88ish, unless you're on Tunare, then stay outta my zone! At 87 here with the Big Bladed Greatsword from the Crush raid, I clear the zone in 4 pulls, taking about 15-17 minutes to do it (that's with just shy of 2200 AA's). That will get me in place for respawn of my previous areas and net close to 30% real exp or 30ish AA under a 30 minute lesson).

I would recommend starting small here, 4-5 rooms until you get a good enough weapon to tear through quickly. Be very careful if you get above 50 mobs, because they will lag out and warp behind you. Additionally, caster kedge mobs and mephits summon, so I suggest equipping a non-damage primary weapon for the pulls.
Osrangar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Drakang
Stupid enough to accept a Guild lead tag

Rep Power: 322 Drakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a BloodreaverDrakang is a Bloodreaver

Can also try loping plains. Was better when it was a hot zone but its a good practice zone for learning to swarm without corners to back into. Repop was decent so could do orcs, nightwalker camp, the undead city, the minotaur tunnels near the undead city and the nightwalker camp was repopping. I just never liked thal as a zone but it works for alot of swarmers. To do decent size swarms in Kaesora library you will need to level up, gear up and get some AA done.

The power of hate conquers all.
Drakang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
Chump

Thanks for the advice guys.

Alright, I think I am going to try Thal. Besides Thal, is there any other options, even crappy options, to do swarming from 80-90? I figure I might get bored eventually and might want a change of scenery, so it would be great to have other options available.
Chump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Osrangar

Rep Power: 157 Osrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a RevenantOsrangar is a Revenant

Honestly, I spent 80-85 in RSS, but in hindsight should have been in Thal. Lots of good corners in Thal as long as you're double shrunk. I do have minor issues with 1-2 mephits or puddles getting behind me, but it's trivial to deal with and they just end up being the last mob I kill.

People say Vald is good, and you can use a horse there. If you don't have the augs, it would be worth playing around. I also heard some crazy people did DSK, though that zone makes me nervous and there's too much mob type and level variety there for me. Mech Guard and Fort Mech are where I'll be looking next (when I tire of Thal and/or hit 88), but I tend to prefer easy and predictable so I stick in one spot far longer than is really necessay.
Osrangar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #7
Kelefane
Doom and Gloom

Rep Power: 1747 Kelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden godKelefane is a golden god

Fort mech is great for swarming.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:55 AM   #8
Evacnoc

Rep Power: 0 Evacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow KnightEvacnoc is an accomplished Shadow Knight
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osrangar View Post
double shrunk
May I ask what this is, and what spells need be combined in what order to achieve it? Never heard of "double shrunk." Only recently learned of "double invis."
Evacnoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Rep Power: 716 Deccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Deccado

It's just shrink twice, so you're as small as you can get.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

Rep Power: 1781 flatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden god

I always shrink everyone else, they piss and moan about not being able to see. I just tell em the only thing they need to see is the assist button.

Humptey Humpp 100 rogue Semi retired replaced by Deiter.
Imij 104 Enchanter
klerycal Amnotnice 100 cleric Retired and replaced by merc and Shaman.
Flatchello 105 Shaman
Deiter Mcboombox 100 Wizard
Bunzo Steele 100 Magician
Flatchismo Bumwhistle 100 beastlord
Ghayone 100 Paladin
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote