EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > The Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Zlozaba

Rep Power: 0 Zlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a Bard
Default Progression Armor Sets

After Velious I'm fairly familiar with armor for an sk since I was boxing one starting in Luclin, but I've a few questions here:

Should I be using Umbral Platemail through Kunark completely? I know Blood Ember has higher AC, but with virtually no stats on it, does the Umbral set come out as superior overall?

Which Velious set would be the "best" - with all of them having decent stats I was leaning towards the Kael set(Malevolent) since it is 29ac higher than Blood Lord's.
Zlozaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
Zayix
Fuck the cleric, who let him in here? -Deona

Rep Power: 524 Zayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden godZayix is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlozaba View Post
After Velious I'm fairly familiar with armor for an sk since I was boxing one starting in Luclin, but I've a few questions here:

Should I be using Umbral Platemail through Kunark completely? I know Blood Ember has higher AC, but with virtually no stats on it, does the Umbral set come out as superior overall?

Which Velious set would be the "best" - with all of them having decent stats I was leaning towards the Kael set(Malevolent) since it is 29ac higher than Blood Lord's.
I would stick with Umbrals. Other for clickies. Maybe the BP specifically.

Velious - whatever your guild is going to go after. You won't have an option to speak of, so doesn't really matter.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Zlozaba

Rep Power: 0 Zlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a BardZlozaba would rather be a Bard

Actually.... I'm the GM, so the option is definitely mine.

On that note: I'll be focusing greenmist in kunark because, well, I like greenmist! And I'll assume that epic is the best 2h in kunark era. What other pre-luclin 1h/Shield and 2h do my fellow SKs recommend per expansion?

Last edited by Zlozaba : 06-07-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Tolior

Rep Power: 218 Tolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a BloodreaverTolior is a Bloodreaver

Ebon Mace is pretty hoss.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
Ryoh

I'm on Vulak also. Your best bet for a 1h is Dark metal Falc, from t2 hate.

project 99 wiki is the best place to find armor comparisons for our era atm.
Ryoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #6
Zlozaba

Eh P99 wiki has all kunark items listed as well, which isnt bad per se, but magelo has the ability to filter items by expansion as well as slot... altho the omm items are showing up as from classic..
Old 06-17-2011, 04:04 AM   #7
Masjaun

Dark Metal Falchion will take you all the way to Velious until you can get a hold of the one handers from NToV.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #8
Rtugok

Not sure if this is the best thread, but on the TLP servers right now you can get a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow so I would suggest you go get one before they patch them out again.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #9
Masjaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtugok View Post
Not sure if this is the best thread, but on the TLP servers right now you can get a pre-nerf Circlet of Shadow so I would suggest you go get one before they patch them out again.
We're still waiting for Kunark to launch on our server, but we (the SK's on Vulak) will keep that in mind after we zerge across the boarder into Kunark at 10pm (Hawaiian time) Sunday night.