EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Hunting Grounds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Grounds Post your questions about what, where, and how to kill here.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #21
Villin
Established Member

Rep Power: 166 Villin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread Lord

Anyone know if FC goes green at level 90? If not, could swarm a lot of light blues in there perhaps.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:08 AM   #22
jonnypanic
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

Rep Power: 377 jonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden god

Villin, yes, the trash there starts going green at 90, you'll have a mix of greens and light blues at the front. However, as the lowest level for most trash is 74, they won't go green until you do hit 90.

Nevertheless, unless you're far behind, I would suggest you look to Dragonscale Hills, Fort Mech and beyond at least rather than spend your time in FC in the 86-to-90 game.

Vlad, I don't seem to kill as fast in Zeka, either, so don't be confused. The knockdown proc from Gnomes in Beza, however, includes a two second stun, which not only reduces your dps output but can be fatal with a big enough swarm. The mobs in Zeka, though, don't have that proc but are a higher level on average (for me at level 88, almost all of Beza up to the very top is now light blue, but the upper levels of Zeka are still almost completely dark blue, showing the difference in average level), so it's a toss-up as to which you'd rather attempt.

Last edited by jonnypanic : 12-04-2010 at 09:13 AM.
jonnypanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #23
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1249 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god

I hate spell stuns with a passion...now that I got the itch to go XP some more again I'll have to check these locations out.
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #24
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Rep Power: 697 Deccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Deccado

Has no one been doing Mech Guard instead of Beza/Zeka? I swarmed from 85 to 88/almost 89 there (before my account went inactive) and, while I died from a stun (or over-pull) about once a half hour, the xp was great.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #25
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1249 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza View Post
Mecha guardian is kinda hard to beat. Can clear from top down to where mark II is solo before clicking back up for repops. If I have my bard buddy with me it's faster and need to clear next floor as well before top florr repops. Also still good for AAs at 90 btw, did a LoD with bard buddy today and got 25ish AAs (remember duo) on LoD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooknight View Post
Mech Guardian, Top floor anyone?

Really everyone forgot about that on this forum?

Or did i miss something on why that zone wouldn't be the shit to swarm in?

Kaesora Library isn't the worst idea either, high density of mobs, few casters, no summoning crap.

But I really think Mech Guardian will be a good spot, Get the 3rd floor clicky start pulling to the conveyor room, post up kill swarm, pull upto next floor near the port up. Kill that swarm. Continue till at top, and /remove and go get a new task.

Theres nothing that stuns and all the mobs on the 3rd floor+ are 80+ IIRC?

Mobs have 120k hp, or there abouts, do trivial DPS (definetally a lot less then kaesora), The only problem would be the mechanosuit type mobs and their flame arc thinger, but if your levi'd/shrunk/cornered where the fuck are you gunna go?. Nothing summons, will be Dblue for a level or so then go Lblue. With UF group gear even i could see that being very possible, Subjugator 2hander + 5700ac unbuffed could make it viable.

I don't know maybe i am crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graebec View Post
Yea I swarm mecha top floor, and you are correct it isn't bad at all.

Just make sure you have levi =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethvegi1 View Post
Mech Guardian is still decent. Swarmed most of 89-90 there, start at level 4 and worked my way down. Can clear alot before you get repops if you are quick enough. Then just click your expediator back to the top, rinse and repeat.
To answer this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deccado View Post
Has no one been doing Mech Guard instead of Beza/Zeka? I swarmed from 85 to 88/almost 89 there (before my account went inactive) and, while I died from a stun (or over-pull) about once a half hour, the xp was great.

<3 u.
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #26
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Rep Power: 697 Deccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Deccado

Huh. That's along the lines of what I thought - just don't get why people keep going on about Zeka and all. Ah well, to each their own.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #27
kassdax
Here's your dam custom title; get off my ass.

Rep Power: 572 kassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden god

Quote:
Huh. That's along the lines of what I thought - just don't get why people keep going on about Zeka and all. Ah well, to each their own.
Once you have the relocation device Beza and Zeka are the easiest places to get to for a quick lesson burn. Click on the device and you're in a safe spot with a bunch of mobs all around you that can easily be slaughtered. After those mobs are dead click your device again and voila, same thing. For those of us with limited playtime these two zones along with this device make quick xp/aaxp gains a real possibility.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 PM   #28
Vladas Tepes
Established Member

Rep Power: 206 Vladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a ReaverVladas Tepes is a Reaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnypanic View Post
Vlad, I don't seem to kill as fast in Zeka, either, so don't be confused. The knockdown proc from Gnomes in Beza, however, includes a two second stun, which not only reduces your dps output but can be fatal with a big enough swarm. The mobs in Zeka, though, don't have that proc but are a higher level on average (for me at level 88, almost all of Beza up to the very top is now light blue, but the upper levels of Zeka are still almost completely dark blue, showing the difference in average level), so it's a toss-up as to which you'd rather attempt.
Well, Beza has become my favorite place to swarm. I had a few deaths there when I wasn't paying enough attenion due to the FD+Stun, but I'm getting 30+ AA most runs now. The stuns don't really seem to do much of anything to me.

That which does not kill us...most likely still hurts lilke hell...
Vladas Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #29
jonnypanic
parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus

Rep Power: 377 jonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden godjonnypanic is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassdax View Post
Once you have the relocation device Beza and Zeka are the easiest places to get to for a quick lesson burn. Click on the device and you're in a safe spot with a bunch of mobs all around you that can easily be slaughtered. After those mobs are dead click your device again and voila, same thing. For those of us with limited playtime these two zones along with this device make quick xp/aaxp gains a real possibility.
This exactly. It doesn't matter where I am, I can just face North, click, and BAM! I'm in my favorite swarm start spot. After half an hour, if I'm bored with that spot and waiting on repops, I just go back to the port-in, click and suddenly I'm on top of Beza with plenty of fresh mobs to swarm.

The GRD is a little annoying to task, but it's sheer genius for the situation. I'm glad I did it, and if someone does it now, the mobs they might kill in the process are still worth decent aaxp.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:19 PM   #30
Hevitanc
Established Member

Rep Power: 198 Hevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread Lord

Quote:
Yeah..MG is where it's at. I went from 86 to 90 in no time flat by pulling either the entire top floor at once, or splitting it into two pulls and then rinsing/repeating for the next floor down. 15-20%+ regular exp per pull is hard to beat there. The biggest issue was dealing with the lag caused by all those mobs being packed tightly together. Mech Guard definitely gets my vote as being among the fastest places to level up.
Hevitanc is offline   Reply With Quote