EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > The Arena
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 12-31-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
Khauruk
Imposter

Rep Power: 362 Khauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden godKhauruk is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brael View Post
Also, I'm suffering from Brael inadequacies. Any chicks here wanna flash their tits to help me out?
I can flash mine for you....not a chick, but they are manbewbs....
Khauruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Rep Power: 1567 Brael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael

God that thing is fucking cool, this thread is being stickied.

Braelxx Uselesshybrid

Maelin
Triality
Retired
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:49 AM   #13
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1249 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god
Default wow

this video is amazing.

"I poke fun at everyone" hahaha
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #14
Tura
You Aren't Pretty Enough To Talk To Me

Rep Power: 955 Tura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden godTura is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Tura

'FUCK YOU SANORNIK!' > all other flames in the history of MMO flames. If anyone dares to argue or doesn't know what I'm talking about then you just plain suck at the game and life in general.

"I would have to say that Tura is still king of the boob thread"- Chayde

How did Tura get in here?!? I didnt see anyone mention beer, boobs or rock'n'roll.
Tura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #15
Hevitanc
Established Member

Rep Power: 198 Hevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread LordHevitanc is a Dread Lord

Am I missing something? The only link that works for me is the second, the other two are 404s.
Hevitanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM   #16
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

Rep Power: 1728 flatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden god

I didnt see anything either.

Humptey Humpp 100 rogue Semi retired replaced by Deiter.
Imij 100 Enchanter
klerycal Amnotnice 100 cleric Retired and replaced by merc and Shaman.
Flatchello 100 Shaman
Deiter Mcboombox 100 Wizard
Bunzo Steele 100 Magician
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #17
Dumdum
want gum gum!

Rep Power: 363 Dumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden godDumdum is a golden god

same, cept for some article about the videos.

Ride free Brother
Dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:43 PM   #18
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Rep Power: 1567 Brael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael

You guys fail.

The video itself works
http://www.eddostern.com/flamewar.html

Braelxx Uselesshybrid

Maelin
Triality
Retired
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #19
Okami
Moderator - Keeper of the Ban Stick

Rep Power: 831 Okami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden godOkami is a golden god

For anyone that hasn't seen this one yet:
We Didn't Start the Flame War
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1907543

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
They that are not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #20
Necrophobe

Rep Power: 0 Necrophobe is a sinister Shadow KnightNecrophobe is a sinister Shadow KnightNecrophobe is a sinister Shadow Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevitanc View Post
Am I missing something? The only link that works for me is the second, the other two are 404s.
For some reason, the links were moved on the host site. Excerpt from one of the press releases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Canada Press Release
LS: Yeah, that’s crazy. Thanks for explaining that because these have so many influences to them. And I know people are going to wonder… the video piece which is a transcription of a posting on an EverQuest video game site which you call the Best Flame War Ever… people are probably wondering, well how did he come across this, and why is it the best flame war ever?

ES: Well I do play those games and I read the boards obsessively. And I often get a kick out of how intense these arguments become about complete minutiae. Especially ones where people are arguing about mathematics and trying to figure out how the game works. Those were like my evening reading for a few years, just reading through hundreds and hundreds of posts. And I stumbled upon this particular flame war, which really struck me as a gem. I kind of had that epiphany that I think documentary filmmakers have when they just get an amazing scene captured on camera. So should I explain what happens in brief?

LS: Sure. I did see it, but that would be great.

ES: What I think is amazing about it is to me it’s a perfect narrative structure for the battle over masculinity and what that means today. You have this older character, this soldier, who probably believes in honour, you can tell, and respect but also kind of hard-coated idea of honour and valour. And you know he’s in his 40s at least and plays these games as this dark knight. That’s the character both [correspondents] play is shadow knights.

LS: Oh.

ES: And now he’s kind of an innocent when he first starts. He’s like, “How does this work, I don’t understand, help me out young guys, you guys are so much quicker.”

And this kid just ridicules him and is like “you’re an idiot, you’re a noob,” and he just goes at him and insults him and eventually challenges, and tells him “If you were in front of me I’d kick your ass.”

LS: Right.

ES: And that’s when all the vibe is just “Okay you’ve offended my honour, I challenge you to an honourable duel, basically. I’ll fly down to where you live, we’ll meet halfway maybe and we’ll put on gloves and beat the hell out of each other like real men. And then we’ll go back to our computers.” And it was just this moment, you know.

Once he poses that challenge, the other guy disappears. Rexz, rexz [the second correspondent] just disappears. A few other people chime in. He gets a little bit melancholy. And then he starts talking about his dead friends who have died in Iraq. And for me the piece just has as this piece of writing, this arc, this pathos that yeah, is just a find. So it was just this great source material.

LS: And it has this really unexpected turn.

ES: Yeah, and I’ve dug up about four other amazing posts, but that one I think is perfect.

LS: Yeah, it’s amazing. I really enjoyed it. And all of these works have this theme of the medieval and the magical.
Like I said, the video itself has been in art museums all over the world.