EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Hunting Grounds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hunting Grounds Post your questions about what, where, and how to kill here.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:21 AM   #1
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Rep Power: 445 rukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden god
Default Hot Zone Guide

(In Progress: I figure this could be a good thread for information on new or returning players on where and what is good hunting. I added the comments section in each zone to put something about required levels, gear, strategys, and whatever else is apropriate. Any information on that stuff would be apreciated and I will edit the info in. I also have probable missed some stuff so let me know. Most of this information is probable useless to most people who read this board, but I thought it would be nice to have it all in one place)

Hot Zones were released April 28, 2004. They started out as zones with a bonus xp modifier in order to encourage people to make use of older content and also to give non max level characters places to meet and get together with people of the same level range. They are updated every few months with no predetermined length of time for any one set.

Starting with the batch of zones released December 5, 2006 not only was the experience from these zones increased for the duration that they remained hotzones, but new content was added to the zones. This content was left in the zones after they were no longer "hot."

If the devs continue this trend this will be a great way for new players to gear up (especialy for augs) as they experience some of the older zones where the veterans learned to play.

Allakhazam's Hot Zone Page
EQAtlas
EQLive Forums - Hot Zone Itemization - June 2006
Lucy's

Last edited by rukkis : 05-07-2007 at 07:09 PM.
rukkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Rep Power: 445 rukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden godrukkis is a golden god
Default Hot Zones - 6/13/2006

This is the first time that the devs altered the content of the zones along with the xp modifiers. They added 3 new methods of getting updated loot in each zone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodyin on the EQLive Forums
The first and most obvious source of items in the new zones are the new named NPCs to be found in all of the Hot Zones. Some zones have more new named npcs than others but each zone should have at least one new npc. These NPCs have brand new drops that should be a bit more level appropriate for current day EverQuest than some of the items that might drop elsewhere in the zone and are older.

The second source of items are global rare items. A number of the Hot Zones have new global rares. In some zones nearly any NPC can drop these items. In other zones the global rares are restricted by race so only certain types of NPCs drop these items.

The final loot mechanism I used in the Hot Zones is something new I came up with for these zones - feedback is welcome! I did something I call the "Call for Help" mechanic. Basically it works like this....

Some (not all!) npcs in the Hot Zones will, during combat, realize they are in trouble and are not going to win. If they decide to call for help at this point a new NPC will spawn somewhere nearby. This NPC will be the same race as what you're fighting but will be just aa little bit stronger. This new NPC will then run over and, well, start hitting you. Obviously a new NPC hitting you isn't fun so the up side to this is that the new NPC is a Named npc with loot that essentially spawned just for you and your group.

The chance of this happening is about the same as the chance to get one of the global rare drops found in the Hot Zones.
*Note: I dont really remember much from when these were the hotzones and I am doing most of this by scrolling through Lucy's item numbers. All of the items listed under each zone should be correct, but it is hard to tell which mob/event they drop from.
*As of 12/5/2006 these are no longer the "Hot Zones" The bonus xp was removed from these zones but the extra mobs, loot and events remained.in the game.

Last edited by rukkis : 06-04-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #3
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Default Hot Zones - 12/5/2006

These zones had an event added to them where any mob in the zone has a change to turn into an Unmasked Changling during the middle of a fight. Randomly during any fight in the zone the mob will change in apearance to look like someone in your group. (I am under the apearance that it is always whoever is on top of the agro list although I am not sure) This mob will always drop the apropriate aug for that zone. There are also new named mobs in each zone that drop various items.*As of 4/18/2007 these are no longer the "Hot Zones" as mentioned above the items and events still exist, the only thing that was removed was the extra xp. I heard through the grapevine that there were 3 new mobs added to each of the zones with different drops. I havent been able to find anything around so if you know anything speak up

Last edited by rukkis : 10-31-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #4
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Default Hot Zones - 4/18/2007 - 10/29/07

With this batch of hot zones they included an aug in each hotzone, but they did not use the unmasked changling events. Each zone has a zonewide random aug that can drop from any mob in the zone. They also added a new npc (James the Watchmaker) in PoK that gives a different but similar quest for each zone. Each quest has a choice of 4 rewards divided up by archetype (caster, healer, hybrid, melee). The minimum level to recieve the quest is the same level as the hot zone itself, although if you can kill in the zone at an earlier level you can save the quest pieces untill you reach the appropriate level to recieve the quest.

Last edited by rukkis : 10-30-2007 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:26 AM   #5
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Default Hot Zones - 10/30/07

Last edited by rukkis : 12-05-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

Rep Power: 1780 flatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden god

Nice work Ruk! One more reason not to go to Alla.

Humptey Humpp 100 rogue Semi retired replaced by Deiter.
Imij 100 Enchanter
klerycal Amnotnice 100 cleric Retired and replaced by merc and Shaman.
Flatchello 100 Shaman
Deiter Mcboombox 100 Wizard
Bunzo Steele 100 Magician
Flatchismo Bumwhistle 100 beastlord
Ghayone 100 Paladin
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 AM   #7
Oryl
Has mad skills

Rep Power: 368 Oryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden godOryl is a golden god

The text rewards for the lvl 30 hot zone quest are incorrect - the links go to the correct rewards (helm), but the texts say cloak. Not a big deal but for the sake of precision.

Is it wrong to tell an AIDS patient to stay positive?
if(woman.weight == duck.weight && woman.isMadeOfWood()){
woman = witch;
}
Oryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #8
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Rep Power: 715 Deccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden godDeccado is a golden god
Send a message via AIM to Deccado

Just a little FYI, in post 3 the date in the title hasn't occurred yet, and in post 4 the date is a bit over three years ago (instead of a month or so).
Old 05-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #9
Kravyn
I lack creativity

Rep Power: 610 Kravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden godKravyn is a golden god
Send a message via Yahoo to Kravyn

Dates and shit really dont matter that much, except for the CURRENT hotzone. Even if the zones arent the current hotzones anymore, they still have the hotzone mobs and loots.

IMO thats the important part... being able to easily access all the hotzone augs at any given time. The ultimate twink aug thread !! woohoo!

+1 rep bump for the listing btw =)
Old 05-09-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
rukkis
I cant think of shit

Yeah, thats why i put it together, been playing an alt monk and wanted to see whats out there. Although this is actualy something i found and can use on the main