EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Dirty Deeds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dirty Deeds Shadow Knight/EverQuest quest discussion forum.

Old 12-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #1
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Rep Power: 1587 Brael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden godBrael is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael
Default Greenmist, The Unholy Khukri of Rile Walkthrough

Credit goes to an unknown author, PM me if you wrote this and want credit (Originally posted 03-22-2002)

Greenmist, The Unholy Khukri of Rile

You say, 'Hail, Librarian Zimor'

(Located in the top floor of the SK Guild)

Librarian Zimor says 'Hail, citizen, I hope that you are here to assist. We are gathering Crusaders to make an assault on the Libraries of Chardok. The slave creations have thrived in their sanctuary for too long. The tomes and texts they have stolen to fill their library belong us. They are even rumored to have a text on the Sacred Khukri of Rile, the Greenmist. If you see such a tome, you must bring it to me immediately. May Cazic-Thule guide you!

Kill Loremaster Piza'Tak in Chardok.

(Level 58-59 named mob located in the Library area of Chardok)

You receive The History of the Greenmist

You hand the History of the Greenmist to Librarian Zimor.

Librarian Zimor looks disturbed as he examines the book. His hands tremble as he mouths the words on the ancient parchment pages. "This book may alter the reality you see before you, Dignitas , "the scholar says as he continues to read the tome. "The information that has been waiting in this book may have been brought to us by your hand, but your fate has obviously been chosen by our Lord. Our mystics have conveyed a new vision to us in this most recent season. Please take this note to Hierophant Oxyn, while I continue to translate this tome." the Librarian hands you a note and turns his attention back to the book.

You receive Note to Heirophant Oxyn

You hand the Note from Librarian Zimor to Hierophant Oxyn:

(Downstairs in the Shaman Guildhall)

Hierophant Oxyn takes the note and begins to howl into the air! "The visions are true! The new prophecy begins today, Crusader," the mystics growls with pleasure. He quickly turns and takes a bottle of murky liquid from one of his potion bags and hands it to you. "Take this and keep it safe. Our visions have told of this day. We have been able to learn of the metal of prophecz. This liquid will help us to locate it's true resting place!

You receive a Bottle of Liquid Deklium

You say ‘What shall I do with the Bottle of Liquid Deklium?’

Heirophant Oxyn says "The bottle contains deklium in a liquid solution. The metal of prophecy has been determined to rest in a mass of living earth. Our scholars have written of a mass of ore that fell from the heavens. This ore was used in the creation of a blade of our father, Rile. We have been filled with visions of this blade. I have seen it in the hands of our Crusaders as they march towards the new age of Greenmist! Seek out the corrupted earth that guards the interlopers. We have an alchemist near there. He will be able to use the deklium to determine which golem contains the metal. Take care to go in force. I sense that there will be a battle.

Alchemist Granika is located in The Overthere at loc 3200, 1900.

You say ‘Hail Alchemist Granika’

Alchemist Granika says, 'If you were sent to me, show proof or be gone from my sight!

You give Alchemist Granika the Bottle of Liquid Deklium, the alchemist accepts it and immediately despawns without saying a word.

A Glowing Cliff Golem spawns just outside the side exit of the Outpost in safe distance to the Cliff Golem which is guarding the Outpost.

(The Glowing Cliff Golem was level 53, max hits for 157 and has no resists)

You receive a Chunk of Tynnonium

You give the Chunk of Tynnonium to Heirophant Oxyn:

Heirophant Oxyn holds the ore in his hands and begins to chant. His eyes go white as he raises the chunk of ore above his head. He lowers his arms and shakes his head for a moment. His eyes return to their normal state as they focus on you. The shaman hands you the ore and says, 'Seek out the creator of Rile's blade. He is still on this plane. I have felt his torment. Take this note to Librarian Zimor. He learned a great deal from the tome and can instruct you further. Librarian Zimor says 'I am very glad you have returned.

You receive a Note to Librarian Zimor

You give the Note to Librarian Zimor to him:

Librarian Zimor says 'I am very glad you have returned. Your discovery of the tynnonium is extraordinary! This Sarnak tome has been an incredible source of information. It appears that they have been studying the Greenmist for some time. I'm sure they sought it as nothing more than a trinket to be collected. Their shortsightedness will be their eventual undoing. I have compiled a book of notes that will aid you in your quest for the Greenmist. Please take care to keep this information of the grasp of our enemies.

You receive Zimor’s Interpretation of the Sarnak Tome

(The contents of the book)
I made these notes from my interpretation of the Sarnak tome.

Read them carefully.

The weaponsmith who created the Greenmist still exists in some form. He has been tormented for a very long time and may not remember his art. If this is the case, there may still be some chance of recovering the design of the sacred blade. The key lies with the Lich-King's beloved.

It is rumored the lich had a mirror created that allows his beloved Drusella to see her former self in its reflection. Perhaps this artifact can offer you some assistance in this quest.

Several items will be needed to recreate the Greenmist Khukri. A special hammer was specifically created to fold and sculpt the weapon's blade. Both the Greenmist and this hammer were created on the same day. Only the year is know. The year was 1406. The tome mentions that the Sarnak were actively seeking the tool.

The formula that will be needed to smelt the Tynnonium is written in the back of this book. Use this book when you find the forge needed to create the Khukri. You will need a design pattern, the block of Tynnonium, the hammer, and this tome to create the Greenmist blade.

To finish the weapon, you will need the Lord of Pain's Khukri, this tome, the hammer, the Greenmist blade, and a Greenmist shard or fragment. We have not found any Greenmist fragments.

All items must be forged in the hottest of all forges, the Forge of Dalnir.

May the will of Cazic Thule guide you.
-- Zimor

Kill Weaponsmith Ko'zirr in Lake of Ill Omen

(Located in the Sarnak Fort, near the Chancelor down the hall to the left, blue to level 50)

You receive Hammer of 1406

Shattered Blade of Rile is located in Karnor's Castle
(location 12 on eqatlas map)

Pick the bag up that is sitting on the table in the middle of the room.

You receive Rile's Shattered Blade

Kill Drusella in HS.
(Drusella can be taken out with one good 55+ group or 2 50s groups)

You receive The Mirror of Self Loathing

Give the Mirror of Self Loathing to The Tormented Tradesman in Dalnir, he spawns into The Haggle Baron Dalnir.
(Located in the Forge room in Dalnir)

The undead entity looks in the mirror and appears to be stunned by the memory of his former self. He drops the mirror, which causes it to crack slightly. You immediately grab it and place it back in your bag. The spirit looks at you and begins to transform. Ethereal strands of muscle, blood, and flesh come together and the Haggle Baron Dalnir appears.

You receive Cracked Mirror

You say ‘Hail Haggle Baron Dalnir’

Haggle Baron Dalnir says 'I have little time to speak. I can feel this facade weakening already. A Scaled Mystic came to me during my time of torment. He spoke to me. He said that a new time was hiding behind the darkness of the horizon. You seek Master Rile's Khukri. I can diagram it for you... Arrrgh! I feel the pull of torment upon me! Return to me with a piece of parchment, a quill, and Rile's Shattered Blade. Use your mirror again to bring me back and I will try to remember the design. Please be quick!

Give Haggle Baron Dalnir:

Piece of Parchment
Quill
Rile's Shattered Blade
(The Quill and Piece of Parchment are sold by Visar Glolith in the Necro Guild.)

Haggle Baron Dalnir stares at the broken blade for some time. After a few moments of studying, the apparition begins to draw and scribble on the parchment. He works with amazing speed as the memories from his past flood from his quill. The diagrams and runes that etch the surface of the parchment begin to glow. The legendary Haggle Baron rolls the parchment and hands it to you. Smiling, he bows deeply and quickly fades away.

You receive a Greenmist Design Pattern

You place the Greenmist Design Pattern, Tynnonium, Hammer of 1406, and the Book into the Dalnir Forge.

You receive Greenmist Khukri Blade
Lore No Drop, weight 2.5.

Kill the Alchemist Acolyte in Chardok
(Located in the Herbalist area)

You receive The Greenish Metal Shard

Go to the Dalnir Forge and combine:

Lord of Pain Khukri
Greenist Metal Shard
Greesmist Khukri Blade
Librarian Zimor's Tome
Hammer of 1406

You receive Greenmist, Unholy Khukri of Rile

Greenmist, Unholy Khukri of Rile
MAGIC LORE
DAMAGE: 18
DELAY: 22
AC: 5
5STR, 5DEX, 10INT, 10DISEASE, 5POISON, 25MAGIC
EFFECT: Greenmist
Bane DMG: Shissar 6

Greenmist
Decrease Strength from 3 (L1) to 20 (L34) and adds it to yours
DoT for 120 Hit Points (HP) in 8 ticks and adds it to yours
Decrease Armor Class (AC) from 5 (L1) to 9 (L28) and adds it to yours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resistance Check: Disease
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell Duration: 8 ticks (48 seconds)
Duration Formula: 4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spell cast on someone: Soandso becomes engulfed in a noxious cloud of green mist.
Spell fades: The green mist disperses.
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
DarkElf_Killer

Hi, i have all the items for this quest except the lord of pains khukri.. ive read the quest on how to do this but it seems confusing..how do you get this started being a Darkelf?( my faction is good in the iksar city)
DarkElf_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #3
Drachir

Rep Power: 214 Drachir is an unknown Shadow KnightDrachir is an unknown Shadow Knight

There is a quest that allows you to get the newbie khukri by performing penance: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1259

Alternatively, you can make a new iksar SK and MQ the first step using his newbie khukri. I chose the latter; after all the faction work, I didn't think I was indebted to them for a sword as well :)

Edit: In case you're asking how to get all of the quests leading up to the Lord of Pain's Khukri, there is a brilliant walkthrough here:
http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17

Drach

Last edited by Drachir : 01-13-2006 at 04:04 PM.
Drachir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
DarkElf_Killer

TY that will help alot..i did not know you could just mq the note for the sword. I have a better one handed slasher than greenmist but still just want it in my collection..it is a relic. Thanks alot for the info :)
DarkElf_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
VyleMriswith

Illia's EQ Bestiary lists DS as dropping both the Mirror and the Cracked Mirror, is this a bug or do I have to kill her more than once if she drops Cracked instead of normal? Cause cracked is used in turn in but cant spawn Haggle Baron w/o normal mirror if im reading the quest right.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #6
Lycaon
Knight of Scale

Rep Power: 215 Lycaon is a sinister Shadow KnightLycaon is a sinister Shadow KnightLycaon is a sinister Shadow Knight
Send a message via Yahoo to Lycaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyleMriswith
Illia's EQ Bestiary lists DS as dropping both the Mirror and the Cracked Mirror, is this a bug or do I have to kill her more than once if she drops Cracked instead of normal? Cause cracked is used in turn in but cant spawn Haggle Baron w/o normal mirror if im reading the quest right.
Drucilia drops a Mirror....when you turn it into the guy he "drops" it and spawns the barron, the "Mirror" you handed him is givin back to you as "a Cracked Mirror" which you can use again once more...

Basically , Mirror= 2 charges, Cracked mirror gets eaten next time you use it cos it gets "droped" again
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
Vudu

Default Froglock Raider help.

After a two year hiatus my return has me again working towards the Greenmist. At long last two nights ago the faction gods were appeased and I became dubious to some of the merchants and a Mortician, enough to get the m & p and actually start the quest. For what it's worth this thing is a matter of pride even though the weapon may be to some obsolete by todays standards.

Erudite SK with a Greenmist equals a lot of hard work, so I want to finish what I started. Trouble is I am stuck on the Froglock Raiders in the Swamp of No Hope. I've had a little luck around the bandit camp in the North-East of the map, but have yet to find a way to get those buggars to spawn. Any of you out there have any advice to help me continue on, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Vudu
Vudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:06 AM   #8
Grauw
Elder Member

Rep Power: 306 Grauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a BloodreaverGrauw is a Bloodreaver

Raiders are a real pita. Spend about 50+ hours camping them so far and am still missing one page.

Frog raiders spawn near the iksar bandit camp. Just kill everything you see running around there. Frogloks are all ph's for the raiders and it is rumoured some of the other mobs could also be ph's. Basically killing everything in a radius equal to the distance between camp and waterline south should pop you 4 or 5 raiders every 15 minutes or so.
Grauw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Vudu

Thanks Grauw, it took me about 4 days or so to get all the pieces and the last thing I needed was the container, I appreciated your insight it helped out man. I've finished all the Khurki quests and moved on to the begining stages of the Greenmist.

Right now I am in the Field of Bone, killing Marauders and turning in 'MM' snout rings by the bag full. Yesterday night I went from KOS / Threat to Glowers Dub from your man Librarian Z. I think I'll get to at least indifferent before I see about talking to the librarian again.

It's all up to faction now, slay on, play on and getting the job done!

Vudu
Vudu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:16 PM   #10
IncarnatedDead

Rep Power: 0 IncarnatedDead would rather be a DruidIncarnatedDead would rather be a DruidIncarnatedDead would rather be a DruidIncarnatedDead would rather be a Druid

You don't need to boost your faction thatmuch for the librarian. You should be able to use an iksar illusion potion and get by just fine. Iksar potions are kinda scarce lately. If you cannot find them in the 'zaar, go to the gulf of gunthak and kill all the lizards in the little bars and on the boats and in that mining area. Loot the iksar meat and have a shamanical whip up the potions for you. You will want probably 4 or 5 of them. while you are there, it is always fun to kill gnomes too, so keel a whole lot and make potions with their parts too. I like being a gnome, and I like killing them too. A love/hate relationship.

Good luck on your Greenmist!
IncarnatedDead is offline   Reply With Quote