EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Tech Support/UI's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tech Support/UI's Computer and EverQuest tech support. Also, you can view peoples UI's here as a bonus.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

Rep Power: 1780 flatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden god
Default Audio mishap

My wife is well intentioned but a terrible shopper ( wtf a woman a terrible shopper?). The other day I asked her to get me the newest album by The Cars and Devo's newest release. She did , BUT downloaded em from I tunes. So now I got a couple of discs that play fine on my computer but are worthless on the old 4X4 CD player (yeah its stock). Is there a program I can download m hopefully for free, that will allow me to rip those MP4s into something a delco CD player can read?

To burn discs on my puter I usually use Cyberlink power to go. Either im missing something (hey quite possible im almost 50 lol) or im more retarded than even I thought I was. If you got an easy answer lemme know please.

Oh and no comments on my musical taste please I seen some of that shit you guys posted in the music I cant live without thread lol.

Thanks in advance.

Flatch

Humptey Humpp 100 rogue Semi retired replaced by Deiter.
Imij 100 Enchanter
klerycal Amnotnice 100 cleric Retired and replaced by merc and Shaman.
Flatchello 100 Shaman
Deiter Mcboombox 100 Wizard
Bunzo Steele 100 Magician
Flatchismo Bumwhistle 100 beastlord
Ghayone 100 Paladin
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #2
KillT
The gift that keeps on giving

Rep Power: 607 KillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden godKillT is a golden god

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post

(hey quite possible im almost 50 lol) or im more retarded than even I thought I was.

Flatch
At least you aren't trying to play them on a turntable....

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1301505
KillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Rep Power: 426 Klotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

I haven't used iTunes for music purchases in years but what I used to do was use a program called TuneBite. I am not sure if they are still around but basically you install the program on your PC (the one with iTunes on it), open the protected song, and it outputs a non-protected file (you will still have the original intact). TuneBite does not (if I understand correctly) remove the DRM, it "plays" the protected file and outputs an unprotected file. So it's more of a player/recorder. Technical stuff aside, it did what I wanted and I sure couldn't tell the difference.

There might be free alternatives out there nowadays, but here's the link to TuneBite:

http://audials.com/en/tunebite/index.html

EDIT -- holy crap, it's $40 now (version 9).

There's an older v7 version free available here but not sure what the restrictions are, if any:

http://www.tucows.com/preview/614399/Tunebite-Free

EDIT2: the link above has a 30-second restriction (so it's useless) but if you google around, there are um, versions around for the resourceful. However, other posters here might have alternative suggestions. I only have experience with TuneBite so that's why I suggested it.

Last edited by Klotar : 03-21-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Arishkogol
Deity

Rep Power: 1092 Arishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden godArishkogol is a golden god

I don't use iTunes (or any Apple products for that matter) but I do remember reading somewhere that they dropped their DRM tags on the files, so you should be able to burn them at will like any other audio file.

My guess would be that your CD player just doesn't like burnt discs, lots of old ones don't.

What do we want? BRAINS!!!! When do we want it? BRAAAIINS!!!

All praise be to the great Flying Spaghetti Monster... R'amen.
Arishkogol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
kassdax
Here's your dam custom title; get off my ass.

Rep Power: 590 kassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden godkassdax is a golden god

Awhile ago we bought some music off ebay. The discs got here but our cd players couldn't read them. Eventually I had to go to the asus website and download firmware off it. That allowed me to convert the music files to .wmv files. Those files can be burned onto blank cd's which most cd players can read. It takes awhile but can be done.

What brand of burner do you have?
kassdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
flatchy

Rep Power: 1780 flatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden godflatchy is a golden god

KillT caught me but it wasnt a turntable the disc got jammed in my 8 track player.

I doubt its my burner this puter is an HP that is about 5 months old and it plays other stuff I burn just fine. Its that damn craptastic mp4 stuff. I really hate it when companys make crap brand specific (yeah whacky idea to make a profit eh). Its really my fault for not being specific. She listens to toons on her puter all day so prolly thought that was what I wanted it for. Now I am just being cheap and dont want to purchase the same shit again (in disc form) I already paid for once.

Will have to look into this toonbite deal but yay once again for spending another 40 bucks.

Once again if you want something done (get me some music) ya may as well do it yourself lol.

THanks for the replies. If anyone else has any great ideas im willing to listen.

Imij 100 Enchanter
Flatchello 100 Shaman
Ghayone 100 Paladin
Old 03-21-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Rep Power: 426 Klotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden godKlotar is a golden god
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Here is a free alternative to spending $40. I have no experience using it but sounds promising. Basically, if it can be played in Windows Media Player, it can be converted to MP3 the same way as TuneBite.

http://undrm.info/remove-DRM-protect...3-Freeware.htm
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
flatchy

That one looked promising Klotar but I hit the link and it takes me to a page telling me that domain may be for sale and I gotta go get ready for work. Will look into it later tonight when I get back thanks.

Imij 100 Enchanter
Flatchello 100 Shaman
Ghayone 100 Paladin
Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #9
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Rep Power: 1264 Graebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden godGraebec is a golden god

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-MP3-CD-Using-iTunes

From the iTunes Help menu.

Create your own audio CDs
To make your own CD, you need:

A computer with an internal disc drive that can burn CDs (CD-RW or SuperDrive), or a compatible external drive. (To see if your drive is compatible, choose Edit > Preferences, click Advanced, and click Burning. If your drive is listed, it’s compatible.)

A blank CD. If you plan to play the CD on a consumer CD player (not only on a computer), you need to use a blank CD-R disc, not a CD-RW disc.

An iTunes playlist containing the songs you want on the CD.

You can fit about 74 minutes of music (about 20 songs) on a 650 MB CD-R disc. Some discs can contain 80 minutes (700 MB) of music. (You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window.) For instructions on creating a playlist, see Playlist overview.

When you burn a CD, iTunes automatically adjusts the recording speed to the blank CD’s rating. However, if your blank CD is rated for a slower speed than the maximum speed of your drive, or if you experience problems creating CDs, you may want to change the CD recording speed to match the CD’s rating.

Select or create a playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD; make sure the songs you want to include have a checkmark beside them.

Insert a blank disc.

Choose File > “Burn Playlist to Disc.”

If “Burn Playlist to Disc” doesn’t appear in the menu, it means that the playlist you’ve selected can’t be burned to a CD.

Select Audio CD as the Disc Format.

Choose your options:

To change the CD recording speed, choose an option from the Preferred Speed pop-up menu.

To change the length of the silence between songs, choose an option from the Gap Between Songs pop-up menu.

To have all the songs on the CD play at the same volume, select Use Sound Check.

To include information that CD players in some vehicles can display, select Include CD Text.

Click Burn.
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote