EvilGamer Forums  

Go Back   EvilGamer Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA's, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
Warius

Default 88 SK, AA/Swarm advice.

Here's my magelo.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2198145
I do have epic it's just not listed there.

Here's the story so far. I've read a ton of threads on aa's and leveling. I've encountered alot of success swarming Thal but the xp is definitely slowing down a bit there at 88. I read in another thread that at 88 you can do Beza instances so I went and gave them a try but they are still too tough. Any time at all spent without MC or epic up = a beat down and feign death. I can kill singles to get MC going before a big pull but then that kind of defeats the purpose of being there so I might as well stay in Thal. Do I have some glaring holes in my AA's that I'm just not noticing that will help me swarm? I'm planning on just finishing up 88 in Thal then heading back to Beza to try it again. I have a bunch of big upgrades for my gear sitting in my bank for when I reach 90 so hopefully get better gear isn't the answer. I know my augs are lacking. I've just been enjoying the Thal swarm gravy train too much to go camp better ones.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: Just wanted to add with my normal buff setup I'm at like 43k hp and 5200ac.

Last edited by Warius : 02-21-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Warius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Riffdaemon

I know you said the augs are lacking, but I think that's a big part of what's wrong. You shouldn't have any open slots - something is better than nothing. You're on FV, too, so having every slot with an aug with at least 30AC should be a reasonable goal. For instance, Drop of Dread, Timeworn Boneshard, Coleoptera Beetle Eye, Fragment of Steamwork Plating, Slippery Slimerock, Bleakburn Goo, etc. can be had for 30k or less in the Bazaar if you keep an eye out.

Also, you're neglecting Veteran's Wrath. All those ripostes during a swarm generate a lot of crits, and you're missing out on the damage returns.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2173950

Last edited by Riffdaemon : 02-21-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Riffdaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
Nesalie
Established Member

Rep Power: 136 Nesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a ReaverNesalie is a Reaver

Aside what was said about your augs and overall AC, you might try MG if you can get someone to sit in group, I find the mobs have less DPS output there for the same exp as Beza.

As far as getting the beat down when MC or Epic aren't up... well yeah, that's how it goes. Manage cooldowns and hope you don't get terribly unlucky on your MC procs. If you have a minute on your epic after an unlucky streak of no MC you can always try pulling some single/doubles (you should be able to survive this,) to proc MC.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
Sepcieulus

Rep Power: 130 Sepcieulus is a sinister Shadow KnightSepcieulus is a sinister Shadow KnightSepcieulus is a sinister Shadow Knight

Well ... this isn't aa advice and you may already have it. If you don't have it and want to swarm and do your lesson burns in the spires ... get the geospires relocation device. It makes things so much easier. Buff up .. right click and bam you are there. Even if you want to swarm fort mech ... your 2 zones away regardless of where you are ... port to spires ... lev and run off and land in fort mech (just make sure you have your bearings or you will end up in DSH.

Even at 91 ... i'm still enjoying it in the spires. Quick and easy. No travel time involved ... buff up, click, swarm. At your lvl the quest will be cake.

Just be careful ... some mobs can knock you off ... some can push you even if mounted ... some can make you FD ... and they all seem to, at random times, run/warp behind even if your in a corner.

Sepcieulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
Warius

Default Re

Ok guys I appreciate the advice. I picked up a couple more 30+ac augs for a decent price in the bazaar. I'll give MG a try and see how that is. Will definitely work on the extra crit aa's. I have a shaman box that I used to RAF my SK so the xp is pretty good regardless of where I go. Just trying to maximize it.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #6
Acidik

Rep Power: 157 Acidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a RevenantAcidik is a Revenant

Fort Mech is easier than MG with plenty of mobs as long as no one else is there. I really enjoyed swarming there.
Acidik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Villin
Established Member

Rep Power: 184 Villin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread LordVillin is a Dread Lord

I still swarm the upper levels of FM once in a while. There are enough LB mobs mixed in to ensure an MC proc. I can get bigger swarms in those wide open upper levels. The AA exp isn't the greatest at 95 but I can get what I get from there without too much travel time and doing it at a relaxed pace. Good to hit up for a quick lesson burn while waiting for a raid to start.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Nezbin

Rep Power: 233 Nezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow KnightNezbin is an accomplished Shadow Knight

Fort Mech is money until 92+. i'm 95 now. Beza is perma camped on Povar. I miss
Nezbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Rep Power: 1560 Slein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden godSlein Jinn is a golden god

Do instances.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #10
Warius

I've gotten up to 90 and have been doing fort mech and beza. Have yet to try zeka but that's next. Was just wondering how you guys pull in beza/zeka. I found it hard to get a decent swarm size inside the tower without taking a beating.