PDA

View Full Version : Murkglider Breeder

Utiluur
04-24-2006, 07:24 AM
I know that some changes were made to the Breeder a while ago.
I'm looking for some accurate information on the fight before I tee the guild up for it..
I read that the adds now spawn at % of health of the main mob?...
how many adds do you get?..are they mezzable? some sources said yes, some no...

we're an EP guild, halfway through the gods and mostly well geared...shuoldn't be a problem with a full raid, but I was wondering whether I could do it with 2-3 groups...if the adds require offtanking and theres loads of em them maybe not!.

of course it's all reliant on me being able to get the bugger to pop!

Parasite
04-24-2006, 07:47 AM
- 4 Adds
- Mezzable
- NFC if its at a certain percentage.
- The adds hit for like the same as the normal murkgliders in the zone there, maybe even less.
- Can't remember the breeder's damage output.

Good luck, you probably only need like 1-2 groups depending on of you have an enc with you or if you find someone who can tank all 4 of those with only 1 assigned healer.

vindarius
04-24-2006, 08:03 AM
- 4 Adds

used to be 6

zarzac
04-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I just finished my 1.5 3 weeks ago. All the info in the "how-to" threads is still correct.

It popped out 6 adds total, one at a time. After about 90-120 sec of being aggroed all 6 were out. Have you or another sk (CoS or invis AA helps big) tag it and run. Hit HS when you need to, ( I never did ) CoS may be all you need. Beeder warps back, adds stay put. Have some one pull to the little nook area there near spawn point which is best camp. It is a "hot" camp as a mob spawns there. No reason at all to have more than 2 groups unless perhaps you do not have a chanter. Even then if you have the area clear you should not get more than 2 adds tops. Rest of epic easy to 1 group even with ep gear except last fight. Last fight with ep gear is still trivial with > 18 people doable with 12.

Okami
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
the "revamp" was just someone that didn't know how to do it.
still 6 adds total, can all be popped out before the fight.
Just dont kill any, or they can pop out again.
Running and coh back still works.
and have a cc for the cubby repop.
even in ep gear, single groupable.
You, cleric, druid, chanter, mage, and a dps , is best combo.
druid for track (to see if all 6 are popped out)and backup heals from ae.
mage for coh
chanter or bard for cc

Klotar
04-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I did my breeder in ~Jan 2005 (iirc) with 7: me, dru (boxed, out of group), dru, clr (boxed), rng, rng, enc (boxed). At that time, none of us had set foot in the elementals. I don't remember what I was geared in at that time but it was less than DoN cultural (I remember this because I didn't start smithing until after I had the Aid Grimel Signet), likely OoW Tier 1 less bp/legs.

I followed the strats/tactics for popping the babies that was posted on sk.org, and it worked to a T.

flatchy
04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Heh heh when we did this mob I let the pally run murk breeder and babies out into the courtyard and die mwuhahahahahahahaha. Sounded like a good sk tactic to me. If you cannot find a gullible pally in your group use the others tactics.

Utiluur
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
excellent :).
thats all good news..i was worried it would require a bigger force and I would struggle to get people to it if it spawns..
On that basis I can get a group into RCoD and nail the PHs until the bugger pops!

vindarius
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
The hardest part about the encounter is explaining it to a bunch of dipshits that you dragged out there to do it.

Freakish
04-25-2006, 08:15 AM
blah -- 4 hours of clearing both rooms lastnight hehe - hope it spawns tomorrow night.

flatchy
04-25-2006, 02:07 PM
The hardest part about the encounter is explaining it to a bunch of dipshits that you dragged out there to do it.

Yes one thing that pisses me off is to get a snare to stick , run off and pull a nice fd split and watching the mobs go back to their spots, and see it ruined by some asshat who just had to get a closer look at the proceedings.

Tanalos
05-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Straight up evil is how I want to describe our events today. Tried a couple tactics and thought I'd put some new blood type info up here.

Can be done with 2.5 grps if they have their stuff wired tight or just uber as I'll get out.

- 6 babies will spawn from the breeder
(counted them as they ate us alive the first go round)

- AE Mez does nothing but piss them off

- Aproximate spawn time for breeder room 20 min

- It doesn't matter how many people you take in there if they all panic during the babies (breaking mezzes, running down the wrong tunnel away from the room and bringing additional murkglider adds, or straight up fail to listen with their own chat dialog taking the place of listening to the raid leader.

Our mistakes on what can be a very controlled fight:
We took the room by force clearing from the first cave entrace
- has more mobs but we were handling it fine with 4 grps (overkill at this point) Rationale here not everyone knows the zone well enough, invis drops and causes us to drag more dead to camp area etc..
Recommend going from the top of the caves because there are far less mobs and a skilled monk can pull 2 at a time leaving the breeder as a single pull.

Bored people pull too many extras, yes its nice to clear the whole cave and pull the stoneworker Pat. to your area in hopes of runes but if the fight goes long you have the entire room repop. Recommend going there with your force ready to do battle with just that room and if you want 1-2 gliders on the side because they are a mezable lot.

As time seemed to drag on people began to leave and we found ourselves with only 2.5 groups and MA was not the uber ones we had earlier making this a bit more challenging.

I can't stress the importance of people not breaking mez on the babies...nothing eats your chanters faster then 1-2 babies on a killing spree. Clerics are concentrating on the tanks which get a serious beat down from Breeder herself (1200 was a pretty nice hit from this mob). While I was boxing my chanter as one of two in raid the tide of the battle instantly changed when a druid decided to aggro the mezzed babies. After the chanters the clerics quickly follow suit taking a dirt nap from soon to be 6 adds in the chamber. The chamber is the place to do this fight, we tried it at the top of the steps but due to the confinement yet again people aggro'd mezzed babies instead of using assist keys.

We dropped the breeder with me dying at its corpse (right under a repop) I was rezzed long enough to loot the corpse and die again from the repop...but it was worth it! Babies do hang around and get very close to one another even after mom is dead.

Some of you are saying these are obvious mistakes and that would never happen with their well oiled machine of a group or raid...but if you try this as a pick up fight you can be in for a long camp with a few rezzes.

= Let the chanters do their job without breaking the mezzes

= Pay attention to repop time on the breeder chamber

= Make it very clear that if you are dying then running down either passage is not going to help the fight any (die in place for easier rezzes)

= Dont be surprised if your mob doesnt pop for a good portion of the day

Our guild is elemental/PoR armored but it doesn't matter if you can't control the adds and your healers are eaten.

Just some food for thought

Happy Hunting

Nosfera
05-19-2006, 07:56 AM
That is why it is recomended to train the babies away before you attack :)

Okami
05-19-2006, 08:02 AM
even with a pickup group, it is still single groupable.
Read the other posts on the board. It covers the single group method a few times.

Klotar
05-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this strategy. While the strat is well-meaning and informative, there is absolutely zero reason to go through this torture. As stated above, it can be single grouped. I was in mostly OOW Tier 1 gear or worse (no Time+), so at like maybe 8.5k fully buffed and tanked the Breeder on several different occasions, one of which was with no clerics. Okay, sometimes there were 7 or 8 of us doing the camp, but the extras were ungrouped because the xp was so poor there.

Pop the babies first using the established tactics and you have zero or at worst one add (if you get impatient) to deal with.

flatchy
05-20-2006, 01:18 AM
a case of posting before reading the other posts i would assume. Stick with the plan or try this method if you wish to make it torturous heh heh.

Steelstromm
05-22-2006, 11:38 PM
To add to this post (Granted i skipped a bit but didn't see this idea out there). What i have done the 3 or 4 times i've done this fight for myself and friends in the guild is pull the Breeder into the tunnals a ways then FD. Breeder will start to go back to bind point stand up he reagro's FD again. Keep ping pong agroing him and eventually he'll shake out all his babys all in one nice spot far far away from your group. Works really good when i did it for myself way back when i just trained him like 3 or 4 times and died a few times ping pong agro is by far the easiest way i've found to do it. Once all adds are pop let agro clear stand up invis and head back to group and pull breeder.

(on a side note the babys will after i think 15 minutes or so go depop and the breeder can respawn then so have to act quick throughout the fight)

Steel

Raid Leader of InverseLogic
http://inverselogic.guildportal.com

Tanalos
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
That's some good stuff Steel! I have to admit prior to my attempt at breeder the last time I saw a guide or website for it was the old shadowknight.org site. It was kind of ironic all the help I need was right here after I got it. As the first SK 1.5 in the shoot for our guild I'll definitely read over these tricks of the trade intently.

Thanks All and yes my life appears to have served as a warning light of torturous misfortune in a sea of opportunity. Will definitely use this site now!

Bitesyurr
05-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Just trying to get this clear.

1. Are the pups spawned on a timer?

2. Once they are spawned, if you use the tactics mentioned above, is it just MB that returns to his spawn spot - or will the pups follow him?

3. You have only 15mins to complete the kill once you pull MB.

Ravenclaw
05-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Just trying to get this clear.

1. Are the pups spawned on a timer?

2. Once they are spawned, if you use the tactics mentioned above, is it just MB that returns to his spawn spot - or will the pups follow him?

3. You have only 15mins to complete the kill once you pull MB.

1. They pop out at timed intervals aye, bout 5-10ish seconds per pup maybe a tad longer

2. pups will hold where ever you faded/fd'd them off, Breeder will warp back into the room single.

3. It should not take that long to split out the babies and pull her.

Okami
05-25-2006, 09:01 PM
the pups stay up for about 30 mins, and corpse camp where ever they lose agro.

Steelstromm
05-25-2006, 11:29 PM
ya basically its a matter of standing up down up down up down over and over and basically shaking the babys out... if it takes you longer then 10 minutes from this point on you have issues hehe

Steel

Okami
05-25-2006, 11:35 PM
why the hell would you do that?
It just means babies hitting you each time you stand, since they go nowhere.

Run it off, coh back. Repeat one more time if you don't have 6.
Takes a total of 5 minutes max.

Steelstromm
05-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Cause its easy as heck.... the babys dont hit for crap and you dont always have a mage. As far as the babys always hitting you dont let the breeder get close enough to you so that the babys are on you when you FD. So if I FD a hallway away the babys will stay static there i breeder starts to return to spawn I stand up breeder comes running pops another baby i FD before breeder is even close repeat six times it really is super easy. I've done it both ways and i like this way just trying to be helpful im way past this point in the game so it dont matter much to me.

Steel

Raid Leader Inverse Logic

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1201956

Soladier
05-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Did the breeder with one time/dodh group used a biolumincent orb to help clear camp alittle lol. (not needed if you really camping mob but found it up and wanted a quick kill) Had cleric DA me and I sk horse kited the room stopped after that dropped hit Harm Shield kited some more. Breeder pathed back and single pulled with the 64 pet. 12.5 khp tank with 2500 ac need only 3chs was I could have tanked it with my wimpy 11khp and 2400ac lol but when ya have a meat shield warrior use them and abuse them lol.:D
žol

irathis
06-05-2006, 02:43 PM
took me 3 days of camping -- just took a group over to "xp" -- once he popped i grabbed a second grp -- i was the only tank so i tagged breeder and ran like a mofo -- rog said all 6 were out i flopped -- agro cleared i ran back to the breeder -- a necro pet pulled it single and we killed it -- easy enuff for a single grp i think but i was unsure of what to expect

AinilyeAB
06-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Went to RCoD last nite to check out the camp... got a druid friend join me after to see if the 2 of us could hold the camp and pop Breeder.
I had a really hard time splitting cause the snared mob would go back to the room before coming for me so we called it...
Is this doable? any other ways to split these? pet pull maybe?

Will try again tonight anyways...

Thx.

Klotar
06-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Went to RCoD last nite to check out the camp... got a druid friend join me after to see if the 2 of us could hold the camp and pop Breeder.
I had a really hard time splitting cause the snared mob would go back to the room before coming for me so we called it...
Is this doable? any other ways to split these? pet pull maybe?

Pacify and pull (Nature's Serenity - 67 dru) with the druid's assistance, or have the druid pull.

Deccado
06-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Total derail here:

Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you Breeder. You're dead, and now I can actually get my 1.5. Fuck you.

Okami
06-08-2006, 08:30 PM
pet pull works, but a couple snare the pet (breeder and deathsting I think?)

Snare splitting has the drawback of having to baby the mob out enough, while his friends are running at you.
One thing I started doing in different zones that counters that, is the pet grenade.
Park pet, back out a ways. Send in pet, and run yourself to a nice vantage point. The pet will blow up and a group of mobs will come at you, target included. Spam snare until it's in range, then immediately FD. His friends walk home, and the one you want is already out in an easily accessible location.

AristonShadowbane
06-10-2006, 01:02 PM
why the hell would you do that?
It just means babies hitting you each time you stand, since they go nowhere.

Run it off, coh back. Repeat one more time if you don't have 6.
Takes a total of 5 minutes max.
Because, some of us can't get a Mage anytime we need one.

AristonShadowbane
06-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Anyone know if this can be done at any time? I'm not quite ready for this yet (not finished with prequest), but I'd like to start camping this bastige. Thanks.

flatchy
06-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I would think that you could. Save you some time prolly when the librarian tells you to go fetch the egg you could just hand it to him right there and then. If Im wrong doh!

Blacksoul
06-11-2006, 10:06 AM
if you are a salwert, as I am. Say no too mq.
kill kill kill!!!:eek:

Blacksoul
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
eat shit.-o-

flatchy
06-11-2006, 12:29 PM
found the key to yer dads beer fridge last night didnt ya blacksoul heh heh.

mq ? wtf he was askign if you could do the murk breeder outta sequence.

Okami
06-11-2006, 02:00 PM
a lot of the 1.5 mobs wont let you loot until you are at that point. I don't think any are bored enough to take the chance of doing it ouit of sequence knowing they may have to come back and do it again.

Kalendrox
06-12-2006, 11:21 AM
You can do Breeder out of sequence.

Deccado
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Breeder, Fraga in PoV, and the PoFear/PoNightmare/PoGrowth portions (not Wailing Sister) can all be done out of sequence. Everything else has to be done in line.

AristonShadowbane
06-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Cool, thanks for the input. Glad to know it can be done out of sequence. Hopefully I can get enough peeps to just take down Varns soon. Then I wont have to bother with it.

Deccado
06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Varns is just for the prequest to skip the 1.0. You can't avoid the Breeder, the other I listed above, and the rest of the mobs to get your 1.5.

AristonShadowbane
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Varns is just for the prequest to skip the 1.0. You can't avoid the Breeder, the other I listed above, and the rest of the mobs to get your 1.5.
I know. I was referring to doing the Murk Breeder out of sequence. If I can take Varns down, I wont have to...

Aphyon D'Veldrin
06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Well just finished this son of bitch off last night tried some of the strats on here 3rd try said fuck it

Had as Follows:
2Chanters
2SK
1Pally
1Ranger
2Clerics
1Druid
1Rogue
Rush Limbaugh
Michael Jackson
K-Fed

I ran up to Breeder Kited him around, till babies all 6 babies popped peeps clubbed them to death worked over Breeder, i have a gelatinous breeder omelet!

Falmont here i come byotch!
Never thought he'd spawn for me on the first night id restart doing 1.5 cause before he never spawned,previously spent at times maybe 3-5hours, only had 2 hours in there, and the end result as fun as hell

AristonShadowbane
06-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Breeder, Fraga in PoV, and the PoFear/PoNightmare/PoGrowth portions (not Wailing Sister) can all be done out of sequence. Everything else has to be done in line.
I have heard the Pally's can be done out of sequence. Can anyone confirm?

Nosfera
06-16-2006, 11:42 AM
I have heard the Pally's can be done out of sequence. Can anyone confirm?
If you are speaking of looting bloods, im sure it can be done out of order. The only catch is that someone must be that far in the quest to hail the skeleton to get them to pop. If you are just starting your 1.5 then you can not get them to spawn. If you are at that part, you hail a skeleton and the paladins spawn. The way i did it was hailed the skeleton, me and 2 other SK's killed paladin, i looted blood. Rinse and repeat for about an hour. The other SK had not even started the 1.5, but since i was able to spawn the paladins she ended up getting all of the bloods that she needed.

Answer: Yes it can be done out of order (unless they have changed it which i doubt) but there must be at least 1 person at that point in progression to spawn the mobs by the hail.

xebkorle
06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
Yes, its like Nos said. It doesnt matter how you get the bloods, but it requires someone at that point to trigger them in the first place.

I got my first blood this way.

Aphyon D'Veldrin
06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Im at the part now where you need to kill the 4Shadowknights, can i do the paladin's blood before killing the SK's ? sorry to bring up the same thing but need to know if my part of progression in quest will let me do that first then SK's

Slein Jinn
06-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Im at the part now where you need to kill the 4Shadowknights, can i do the paladin's blood before killing the SK's ? sorry to bring up the same thing but need to know if my part of progression in quest will let me do that first then SK's
If you are speaking of looting bloods, im sure it can be done out of order. The only catch is that someone must be that far in the quest to hail the skeleton to get them to pop. If you are just starting your 1.5 then you can not get them to spawn. If you are at that part, you hail a skeleton and the paladins spawn. The way i did it was hailed the skeleton, me and 2 other SK's killed paladin, i looted blood. Rinse and repeat for about an hour. The other SK had not even started the 1.5, but since i was able to spawn the paladins she ended up getting all of the bloods that she needed.

Answer: Yes it can be done out of order (unless they have changed it which i doubt) but there must be at least 1 person at that point in progression to spawn the mobs by the hail.
Hi reading comprehension!

Aphyon D'Veldrin
06-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Bah!-o-

But thanks for pointing that out for me,im a lazy reader

Ashrai
06-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Aphy, shoot me a tell in game if you need help on anything leading up to Falmont. I did Fraga, Wailing Sister, and another one of the SKs with a group all before raids one day (group was overkill) and was able to dual box (me and NecriDr00d) my 4 Paladins and all the remaining SKs that same day. Falmont was doable with a group and I was able to tank him gimp as I am. As long as I'm not raiding I'd be happy to help out.

Utiluur
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
hah...25ish murks and she popped...
I died on the frirst kite cos I forgot to get a run buff (what an idiot!)
second time I had hoT and horse...and kited most of the zone around then got a CoTH back from a FD...

she went down very easily...

AristonShadowbane
07-26-2006, 09:31 AM
To add to this post (Granted i skipped a bit but didn't see this idea out there). What i have done the 3 or 4 times i've done this fight for myself and friends in the guild is pull the Breeder into the tunnals a ways then FD. Breeder will start to go back to bind point stand up he reagro's FD again. Keep ping pong agroing him and eventually he'll shake out all his babys all in one nice spot far far away from your group. Works really good when i did it for myself way back when i just trained him like 3 or 4 times and died a few times ping pong agro is by far the easiest way i've found to do it. Once all adds are pop let agro clear stand up invis and head back to group and pull breeder.

(on a side note the babys will after i think 15 minutes or so go depop and the breeder can respawn then so have to act quick throughout the fight)

Steel

Raid Leader of InverseLogic
http://inverselogic.guildportal.com
I finally got the Breeder to spawn yesterday. I'm pretty certain that from the time I spawned the first baby, to the time we engaged the breeder, it was over 15 mins. Maybe that timer doesn't start until they're all out? The strats listed in this thread worked perfectly. I set up camp in the hallway where only 1 stationary murk spawns, so it was fairly safe from adds. I agro'd the breeder, and trained him down the other hallway, toward the bridges. Clicked on Harmshield (just for extra protection), then FD'd after that wore off. Mage CoTH'd me way too early, so not all adds came out. So I rinsed and repeated. Then I let him return to his spawn point, then single pulled him back into camp, instead of fighting him in the room. No adds, no re-pops, easy as pie.

Okami
07-26-2006, 06:44 PM
They depop after about 30 mins. maybe 45.
If you pop one out and fd, stand and repeat, I can believe the 15 mins by the time you get them all out.

Blacksoul
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I did the FD thing which was a pain because a named had popped right next to the Breeder and I kept getting stunned. So I ended up going with a good bard to train all the tunnels out. Then we basicaly singled the breeder and whooped his ass. Rest of the fights I did with 3 people to one group including Falmont.

uthok
09-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Me and me guild fought the Breeder last night. I tanked <-- SukSK

My Level: 70
My current AC with Conviction ~ 1850
HP with Wunshi and Conviction and selfbuff ~ 10300
Current Defensive AA's: Have 5/5 ranks of Defensive Instincts, and 5/5 Lightning Reflexes

OK, Here is the Murkglider Breeder fight from the perspective of a Shaman (Grokii):

We killed the PH twice last night and got the breeder to spawn. Original group was Uthok, Berries, Kanaduh, Joshmoe, Horrek, and I. We tried it with us 6 and wiped, couldn't get all the adds to spawn.

While we were coming back to recover another guild (chosen of norrath) saw that he was up and stopped by with 2 groups or so ready to take him out. We let them know we spawned him and were planning on taking him out shortly. The raid left and the shadowknight that needed the breeder deaded joined us.

During this time I was making a call to the guild to let them know the breeder was up and we needed help. Thanks to Onoro, Awyna, and Redshovel for coming out, the DPS was sorely needed.

Once we all get back to camp and rebuffs, Uthok trains the breeder away and we get 5 of the 6 spawns to pop. We res Uthok, quick rebuff, and pull the breeder. We got one spawn add during the fight, Kanaduh and I were scrambling like mad. Both of us are running out of mana and tricks an the breeder is at 12%, we have one of the spawn adds and 2 other adds in camp. Berries is doing a great job keeping them all mezzed. Divine Arb went off on Uthok, woot, always good. I got a couple nice crits with Uthok at under 15% health.

Anyway, we get the breeder down to 1% and he and Uthok drop within a second of each other. Now that other shadowknight steps up and starts tanking the trash that added on us. I drop due to canni stupidity and the tank breaking mez on one just as mez drops anothor one. So now Kanaduh is left with virtually 0 mana and sole healer.

He gets Uthok ress'd while keeping this other SK up, then gets me ress'd. I loot, do a quick canni, reslow, and take over heals just as Kanaduh is completely out of tricks.

OMG!

We finish killing all the adds in camp. Uthok got his drop. That was a friggen BLAST.

I also noted, Uthok tends to get his epic 1.5 drops when Horrek (currently mid 50's) is around. I think Uthok has a good luck charm.

And here is the fight from the Cleric's (Kanaduh) Perspective:

ok so check the main fight out from the clrs prospective:
uthok(U): im dead crap
grokii(G): its ok we shammy rezz you buff you and berries pulls
U gets vict and wunshi berries(B) pulls mob
mob comes with friends. 3 of them
U gets on the main mob.
Kanaduh(K) clicky bp HoT on U
U drops like a rock.
K makes with the divine arb action
G slows, B makes with the mezzing.
K quick heals while mob is slowed, takes nonmezzed add agro, heals self

K mana check: 70%
mob health check 90%

mob dots and nonmezzeds wipe the floor with horreck. (who didnt see that coming)

slow drops while adds on G. U drops like a rock. K makes with the 1.5 shinyness. K has no more clickies. quick heals till mob is slowed again.

K mana check: 40%
mob health check: 70%

K: G, heal U for a sec
G: i got it

K casts some DI luvin on U

K goes back to healing. mob drops slow at bad moment. DI drops and works like a charm on U. K goes back to chaining CH on U.

K mana check 10%
mob health 20%

G bites the big one. U drops like a rock. K casts last ch.

K mana check 4%
U health 80% dropping at 20%/sec
mob health 2% dropping not slowly enough

K finds a mod rod in his pocket and quick heals U at 6% to 80% with a crit heal

K mana 0%
mob health 1%
U health 50

K's divine arb comes back up. it brings U from 20% to 60%

K mana 2%
mob health DEADED
U health 15% and dropping from dot.
U dropsfrom dot. K laughs.
Horreck still dead.

Why do i remember this fight so clearly? because i freakin rock.
after that not so clearly, but the actualy fight i remember real well.
go team me. :-)

flatchy
09-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Well Id pat you on the back but it seems youve done a pretty good job of it already, grats.

Crab
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok, i can get my bro, 15.4khp 2950ac unbuffed lvl 75 and a friend SK 15k hp and 3.3kac unbuffed lvl 75, i am a 6.7khp 1850ac unbuffed 65sk. I can get a mage prob for CoH and bro can prob get a shaman friend for assist heals. My Q is what would be the best strait to use with that utility.

Izabadman
11-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, i can get my bro, 15.4khp 2950ac unbuffed lvl 75 and a friend SK 15k hp and 3.3kac unbuffed lvl 75, i am a 6.7khp 1850ac unbuffed 65sk. I can get a mage prob for CoH and bro can prob get a shaman friend for assist heals. My Q is what would be the best strait to use with that utility.

You telling me that in 6 pages of strat discussion, anecdotes about how people tried or didn't try it and what they brought with them, and the random rumors tacked on...You still can't figure out the "best" strat to use with the "utility" you have available?

Let's see: 2 tanks + you + slower + dps...

How about: You pull (or train), mage CoH's and dps's and debuffs, shaman slows debuffs, and heals, and the other two SK's main tank and offtank/addtank at their leisure.

Crab
11-21-2006, 03:21 AM
[QUOTE=Izabadman]You telling me that in 6 pages of strat discussion, anecdotes about how people tried or didn't try it and what they brought with them, and the random rumors tacked on[QUOTE]

Well i also heard that they may have made the adds leashed to the breeder. I also read all the pages and just wanted to make sure because camping that bitch and not being able to kill it would blow.

and also i fucked up and forgot to say my bro is a berserker.

Kelieria
11-21-2006, 10:19 AM
:crackhead:

The adds do come with the breeder, but when someone FD's , Fades or "CoH" the babies "corpse camp" and stay put while the Breeder goes back home. It's not that difficult.

Crab
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM
ah ok thanks bro.

General Sauron
12-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Anyone happen to know out of how many PHs killed does the Murkglider Breeder spawn, ie 1 out 10? I have killed the PH (creeper and swarmer) about a dozen times and the Breeder never spawns.

vindarius
12-16-2006, 10:00 AM
There's no set number - just need patience. Guildie recently put 40+ hours into this camp off and on, but each time he gave up, someone else would come in and get it to spawn. Ever play the slots? Anyway, a few nights ago, we set up and got it spawned in the third cycle.

This encounter has changed for me slightly since they added the distance agro drop thing. This time, I had to come back and train it several times since every time I got past the second room on the way to the bridges headed toward BF, Breeder would forget and warp back while the Spawns kept chasing. Breeder used to follow me all over the zone. CoH ftw now, or just patience - or a bunch of people to just steamroll/mez the adds. Whatever works - not that hard these days.

Edit: I used Okami's "pet grenade" method every time I've ever done this.

Luxem
12-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I really wish there was a set number bud, heaven knows I spent many a XP night camping that area hoping for a spawn while feeling that I was wasting my friends time there... at least at that time the XP was good in RCoD.

General Sauron
12-24-2006, 04:06 AM
I had to kill about 20 placeholders to get the Breeder to spawn.

First time didnt have enough people, but I was able to pull the Breeder single and my group wiped.

Second time, I had two full groups of level 70+. I thought all the spawns were out, and the group wiped at 1% (Yes, 1%) due to adds. I ran back to check its health and it was dead. Apparently the DoTs from the necro in the group must have finished it off.

Woot, Innorruuk's Voice here I come.:)

On a side note, SoE must be sadistic making the Breeder that hard.

Slein Jinn
12-24-2006, 02:26 PM
A lot of classes need a raid. The fact that you're bitching because the hardest mob in our 1.5 takes less than a full strong group or two gimp groups is evidence enough that our 1.5 is painfully easy.

Guudzilla
12-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I went to check out the spawn location since I had never been there before.. Low and behold she was up. Not enough people in guild to kill it but at least I know where she spawns now.

Trouble is finding a group to go there and kill all the ph.

General Sauron
12-24-2006, 06:36 PM
If I am not mistaken, the Breeder is not hard because of its dps or even the adds. It is hard, more so because it is a fairly rarely spawn in a zone that most people rarely go to these days.

I do not play any other class, so I cannot state how difficult it is compared to other clasees' epic. I will say that the whole quest is much easier than what is took to get my epic 1.0.

If other people's epic is more difficult and they succeed, all I can say is congratulations.

ecko
01-03-2007, 03:45 PM
sorry for the bump, but just taken down breeder and thought i'd add my views on it.

Firstly fellow SK guildy spend all day camping RCoD for a spawn, got his spawn and killed it with about 10 peeps. For some unknown reason i camped out there last night and when i logged in, it was up again. So, dragged some (very unbeliving) people back to RCoD to whack it again. First attempt we had about 12 people, ended in a wipe due to the Murkglider Spawns and only 1 chanter. Second time another wipe as it got aggroed before we were ready after rez. 3rd time (and so damn impressed people stuck around for a 3rd attempt!!) we trained the Spawns away hoping for only 2 adds to spawn during the fight (due to 4 popping on 2nd wipe) These dissappeared after about 4 minutes so we had to pull mob and deal with 6 adds again, this time we had a little more healing power and DPS, burned down the named and dealt with the adds and i got my drop (yay for that!) but i guess the whole training adds away & engaging has been fixed, as far as i can see.

Guild is Time/little GoD/DoDH & TSS tier 2 geared, and with 2 groups was still a pretty tricky fight, Spawns highly resistant to mez apparently but couple of SK's with dread gaze aggroing them whilst warrior & DPS burning named seemed to work pretty well!

Culdahl
01-03-2007, 04:00 PM
A lot of classes need a raid. The fact that you're bitching because the hardest mob in our 1.5 takes less than a full strong group or two gimp groups is evidence enough that our 1.5 is painfully easy.

I have no problem with needing a raid for an epic target; however, needing a raid for a rare spawn = incredibly gay imo. All portions of the epic that require more than yourself should be turn-in/hail. Epics shouldn't be a test of your ability to gather a lot of friends on short notice imo (not to mention countless hours in a shitty XP zone to spawn the damn thing).

Okami
01-03-2007, 05:48 PM
I dont understand how people keep dealing with the adds like its a huge surprise to the event. It's been posted everywhere already how to do it without adds.
The spawns themselves stay up for about 30 mins. If you wipe and fight again, the ones already up will be due to despawn and repop from the breeder very soon.

Slein Jinn
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I have no problem with needing a raid for an epic target; however, needing a raid for a rare spawn = incredibly gay imo. All portions of the epic that require more than yourself should be turn-in/hail. Epics shouldn't be a test of your ability to gather a lot of friends on short notice imo (not to mention countless hours in a shitty XP zone to spawn the damn thing).
We don't need a raid for a rare spawn. We need a group for a rare spawn. People just need to stop being idiots and start taking advantage of the widely posted strategy.

Deccado
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
It isn't that bad really. When I did mine I trained it away and ended up with two babies when I pulled it back. We killed it, the two babies, and an add with me tanking in half DoN crystal gear, half Qvic gear, with DoD non-visibles (maybe 6.5k hps and 1850 AC unbuffed and 220 AAs). I think there were eight of us: me, two necros, ench, two ranjas, clr, and dru, if my memory serves me correctly. We lost both ranjas, the dru, and me (at 2%!) by the end of the fight, but when it was all said and done the Breeder was dead and we had all the adds handled as well.

Culdahl
01-03-2007, 10:13 PM
We don't need a raid for a rare spawn. We need a group for a rare spawn. People just need to stop being idiots and start taking advantage of the widely posted strategy.

Hell, it can prolly be duo'd if you can get it single (possibly solo'd), but that's not really the point. It was initially a raid event and, again, a raid event for a rare/random spawn is stupid imo.

Amped
01-04-2007, 12:19 AM
I am probably gonna get flamed to hell, but I agree with Cuddles. I am tired of all you uber bastards saying how easy something is. Even when new content comes out, most of the main posters here are VERY well equipped to handle it. MUCH more so than the rest of us. So content that is easy to someone like say, Brael does not = content that is easy to everyone.

Manos
01-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Except this event has a tried and true SK solution. I did this with about 2 groups of level 65-70 toons geared in Omens 1 group/DoN crystal armor. Not one of us was flagged for Qvic or Time. We did spend at least 6-8 hours camping it over two nights before it finally spawned. I used Harmshield to take the Breeder for a stroll to the end of the bridge by the historian, got a CotH while the ranger tagged the Breeder on the return and the others beat it down.

I won't disagree that this camp sucks though and will really test your patience.

Slein Jinn
01-04-2007, 01:17 AM
I am probably gonna get flamed to hell, but I agree with Cuddles. I am tired of all you uber bastards saying how easy something is. Even when new content comes out, most of the main posters here are VERY well equipped to handle it. MUCH more so than the rest of us. So content that is easy to someone like say, Brael does not = content that is easy to everyone.
I guess you didn't get newtank's memo.

Culdahl
01-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Except this event has a tried and true SK solution. I did this with about 2 groups of level 65-70 toons geared in Omens 1 group/DoN crystal armor. Not one of us was flagged for Qvic or Time. We did spend at least 6-8 hours camping it over two nights before it finally spawned. I used Harmshield to take the Breeder for a stroll to the end of the bridge by the historian, got a CotH while the ranger tagged the Breeder on the return and the others beat it down.

I won't disagree that this camp sucks though and will really test your patience.

Er, 2 groups = raid imo.

Jatar Koggo
01-04-2007, 09:46 AM
I did him with myself, war, shm and cleric. When he spawned I aggroed breeder, jumped up on my horse, cast instant invis and ran to the zoneline and zoned. I waited 10 seconds, zoned back and ran to the room / hallway where I was originally pulling spawns too. The two adds will stay at the zoneline and breeder will pop back in the room by itself. Can pull him solo, if no respawns, if so, clear to him again.

Okami
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
He can't have more than 6 out at one time.
If you dont make all 6 pop out first, they will be able to pop during the fight.
Kill one, or it despawns, it will be able to pop out during the fight.

Deccado
01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I am tired of all you uber bastards saying how easy something is. Even when new content comes out, most of the main posters here are VERY well equipped to handle it. MUCH more so than the rest of us. So content that is easy to someone like say, Brael does not = content that is easy to everyone.
In case you didn't read my post above, I'll re-quote it.
It isn't that bad really. When I did mine I trained it away and ended up with two babies when I pulled it back. We killed it, the two babies, and an add with me tanking in half DoN crystal gear, half Qvic gear, with DoD non-visibles (maybe 6.5k hps and 1850 AC unbuffed and 220 AAs). I think there were eight of us: me, two necros, ench, two ranjas, clr, and dru, if my memory serves me correctly. We lost both ranjas, the dru, and me (at 2%!) by the end of the fight, but when it was all said and done the Breeder was dead and we had all the adds handled as well.
I'm by no means uber, and I've clawed tooth and nail for most everything I've gotten. Additionally, I have no luck camping. What takes everyone else a few hours takes me days. But for this, all you have to do is have a little ingenuity and a lot of drive and it's no problem at all.

Culdahl
01-04-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm by no means uber, and I've clawed tooth and nail for most everything I've gotten. Additionally, I have no luck camping. What takes everyone else a few hours takes me days. But for this, all you have to do is have a little ingenuity and a lot of drive and it's no problem at all.

With random spawns comes random experiences. What was relatively easy for you may have been a nightmare for someone else. It took me about 3 hrs to do the sheath part of the quest and that's including going from 0 to 100 in tailoring (not to mention travel time); however, other folks spent days camping just one of the three items needed.

firefighter3752
01-08-2007, 10:05 AM
the problem with this bitch is not so much the killing of it, as it is getting the fucker to spawn, period. A guildy has been stuck on this one item for several months now. Unfortunately his play time is limited due to RL things, sux that this one mob can be incredibly rare and the camp is mind-numbingly boring.

AristonShadowbane
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
the problem with this bitch is not so much the killing of it, as it is getting the fucker to spawn, period. A guildy has been stuck on this one item for several months now. Unfortunately his play time is limited due to RL things, sux that this one mob can be incredibly rare and the camp is mind-numbingly boring.
He must not be on The Nameless Server. EVERY time I zone into RCoD, this ho is up it seems.

neowen
01-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Trained mine out with bard and just tracked when all 6 pops occured

Baelic
01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
So this guy has been easily single grouped if the babies are split. I’m wondering if I can 3 boxed it ok.

Seems to me from these posts that I should be able to handle Breeder with my box crew as long as I get those babies popped and have no adds in the camp.
74 Sk 400 aa's all defensives except TSS, buffs to 2.7k Ac, 13k hp’s
75 Shaman 1k aa’s, 9k mana, 8.5k hp’s
72 Cleric 7k mana 10 aa's

If this guy hits for only 900 max even if only partially slowable and still hitting fairly fast my Sk with shammy aa maxed Halycon breeze HoT and cleric chain casting CH should be able to stand up to it ok, even taking into account the 500 poison dd and dot.

I’ve 3 – boxed some high hp’s hard hitting 1.5 k rampaging mobs with my crew ok and wouldn’t have thought the breeder would be tougher than them.

It sounds like the key for me winning this will be getting all the babies out then getting the Breeder back to the cubby without any adds and dead before cubby mob or stair wandering mob repop starts, actually I could probably handle 1 or 2 repops with a quick VP and root.

Could be tight but I think I'm gunna give it a go. If I wipe I'll just call in a 75 chanter friend for mezzes and mana flare.

Baelic

theotherr
01-12-2007, 08:20 AM
the bastard finally popped and to be honest have HS up and just pop out all the babies. Without the babies 3 boxing it's cake. Even if you have one or 2 just slow em and kill the murk. I was fortunate to have a bored bard at the time, and he popped out all the babies for me, so I got to relax for that part. It was just getting the thing to spawn, got him after another sk had camped the breeder for over 6 hours and no spawn, then I got him after the third spawn...... (and been waiting on this way to long). Got the rest of the epic the next night.

Good luck

Muhd
01-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Ok we all know the Breeder pull been discussed to death , BUT some of us dont have CoS aa, and that just sucks. Good news is if you clear cubby side and invis up with a pet ( i used to first one we get) and set him on guard in front of breeder you can be all the way around the corner to first room and /pet attack him , agroing the whole room but staying invis all the time , giving you a nice safe run tothe bloodfield ZL. Enjoy your omelette.

May your innards remain so

firefighter3752
01-22-2007, 06:02 PM
He must not be on The Nameless Server. EVERY time I zone into RCoD, this ho is up it seems.

Well then kill the bitch for god's sake!! maybe then he'll pop on prexus and we can stop wasting away our nights clearing those god-damned rooms over and over.

Litoc
01-25-2007, 03:17 PM
30+ hours of camping this guy...I zone in today and hes up bring group...one whipe...try different way easy kill...all done finally!

flatchy
01-26-2007, 01:01 AM
30+ hours of camping this guy...I zone in today and hes up bring group...one whipe...try different way easy kill...all done finally!

Well that settles it, everybody switch to the different way. Its easier!!

sarcasm off: grats on getting past a pain in the ass hurdle!

Baelic
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah after 3 days camping breeder and finally getting it to spawn after the patch I wimped out on trying to 3 box it and got a bard and warrior who were in zone and guildie cleric who was available to come and help.

Got my egg and 2 days later my 1.5.

Thought I'd need a group for Falmont but guildie said he could duo it with friends monk and his bard. Didn't believe it until I saw mob go down in under a minute. :eek:

All in all was a good weekend with my shammy getting his 1.5 on the same day.

Deccado
01-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Falmont's actually much, much easier than the Breeder is. Can't really understand why that is personally.

Tetsusaiga
01-30-2007, 08:24 PM
you don't have to camp him?

Deccado
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
He's always just... up, at least every time I've ever been in the zone.

Renor
01-31-2007, 09:18 AM
50 Spawns in and got him.

75 SK 11.1k 2800ac unbuffed
70 Shammy
74 Necro

Boxed those 3 and had Bard friend come for the split when it got close to raid time and I got lazy P

Necro DoTs just completely ate this sucker up that and 3 pets + SK with Panther = one smoked Breeder. Now just waiting on PoG respawn grrrrrrrrr.

AristonShadowbane
01-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Falmont's actually much, much easier than the Breeder is. Can't really understand why that is personally.
Spawning aside, I thought the Breeder was MUCH easier then Falmont. He hit alot harder and had a ton of HPs.

Grauw
06-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Sorry for bumping the thread, but I am so glad I have this part done at last. Took days to pop it and then it took a few tries to kill it. Was a bit too much for just sk and shammy, so i had to call in some dps, extra healing. But now this is over... Yay!!

Ruzak
06-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Grats! I've been sitting here screaming obsceneties at my monitor off and on for the past 3 days trying to get this bitch up.

Grauw
06-18-2007, 03:20 AM
The annoying part is that it popped again after the kill. It took days of camping to get it to spawn and then it spawns back to back.....

Jatar Koggo
06-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Grats!!!. :)

I am surprised you and shammy couldn't dou him tho. It can be soloed if you train him and his two spawns to zoneline. Murk will pop back to spawn spot and leave adds at zone. U run back invised and can then clear to it once more and BAM, you got him solo.

Grauw
06-18-2007, 08:53 AM
It was an attrition issue. There were a few things that worked against me:
- Lack of DPS.
- Didnt resist the AE very often (Spend infusion at time raid night before).
- Pets dying fairly short after fight started
- Slow did not want to stick within a few tries (discord didnt stick at first go, malos and turgur's didnt work at once either)
- Shammy does not have very good gear
- Shammy has no healing AA whatsoever
- I am not the best boxer.

I ran out of mana around 30% and had to camp.

Btw I noticed that the spawns do not stay up for the 30 minutes mentioned elsewhere. On the 2nd try (when others arrived) I had to clear some trash after the puppies were out and engaged breeder ~15-20 minutes after I shook the puppies and they spawned again. Was a nice surprise....

Jatar Koggo
06-18-2007, 09:17 AM
lol they ebing SOE, musta changed. Indeed, that is not exactly the surprise one would expect or care for that matter. :)

Okami
06-18-2007, 07:48 PM
he pops out 6 pups, not 2. But if it takes a long time to get them out, the first will come due to despawn and repop during the fight.

Oryl
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
Okay, I searched everywhere on this site for breeder tactics... every post I saw seemed to mention to "just follow the strat from SKO"... well that's kind of impossible to get now, it seems.

Then I found Okami's post on the Breeder's thread on Alla's bestiary. So I will post this here for people who are searching for it here and can't seem to find it, like me. This post was #1 on every search I did, so posting it here.

The main thing, is the adds.
The breeder can only have 6 adds out at one time.
One pops on agro, the rest are every few secs (not hp related)
They corpse camp. If you kill one, it allows another to be popped in it's place.
So, you pop all 6 before the fight, they will stay wherever that may be. AFter about 30 mins, they depop.
Get someone to train the breeder around the zone. CoH them back.
The spawns will stay put, the breeder will go back to spawn.
Track and see how many spawns were popped.
If not 6, do it again.
Then grab breeder and pull to group.

Daewood
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
the adds don't see invis, so you can pop em and fd. I usually aggro the breeder then high tail it out by the sig mob ph and bridge area, train around with invis (via circlet) till i see all 6 up or have confirmation from the tracker i always group with. fd then, wait for aggro clear message, and breeder should be back at spawn sans adds then.

rukkis
07-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Fuck, hes up right now and I cant get any help on BB, guild raid in 15minutes and everyone is scared to be late. Need Culdahl in game asap, or kele to wake up from afk and come help me.

flatchy
07-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Fuck, hes up right now and I cant get any help on BB, guild raid in 15minutes and everyone is scared to be late. Need Culdahl in game asap, or kele to wake up from afk and come help me.

AH shite sorry man I hope you got yer help for it. Was I about?

rukkis
07-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Nah forgot to mention you although I looked, never got him and wiped on the hatred trial at 4% =(

Kelefane
07-19-2007, 03:32 AM
Nah forgot to mention you although I looked, never got him and wiped on the hatred trial at 4% =(

Damn dude...sorry heh -- I always tend to go AFK after raids and if I was at the keyboard I would have defiantly came and soloed him for you (If I even can!)

Have you gotten him to date?

Edit: Once you get to the Paladin in West Wastes let me know -- I'll bring my Druid and Bard buddies and we'll pwn him for you asap.

flatchy
07-19-2007, 06:56 AM
Damn dude...sorry heh -- I always tend to go AFK after raids and if I was at the keyboard I would have defiantly came and soloed him for you (If I even can!)

Have you gotten him to date?

Edit: Once you get to the Paladin in West Wastes let me know -- I'll bring my Druid and Bard buddies and we'll pwn him for you asap.

Oh heck call the BB SK FORCE get Culdahl, Kelefane , Xanathol, Me ( ill hold the horses in the back) and the newest addition Kravyn. Lets do it up right!

Kelefane
07-19-2007, 07:00 AM
LOL sounds like a plan =D

rukkis
07-19-2007, 07:25 AM
I havent gotten him yet, been trying to work on my katta faction but Ill definitly let it be known when the time comes.