PDA

View Full Version : Swarming to 90

Berg
08-02-2010, 08:33 AM
A comment by Izabadman in another thread:

...until level 90 is released, then I think the new spot will be Kaesora library.

got me thinking. I know its a few months away, but eventually HOT is gonna come out and we're gonna be exping again, 5 new levels and who knows how many AA to go. Of course the sensible thing to do would be to take it slow and make it last, we'll have an entire year before the next expansion. But not many of us are going to go that route, I know I won't.

So where will we be exping?

Assume for the sake of argument that HOT hasn't got anything we can swarm, and that grouping exp there pales in comparison to swarming the way it always has in the past.

As our level goes up, so will the minimum level mob we can swarm; stuff will stop being LB, and we need at least that to trigger MC procs.

Izabadman suggests Kaesora Library, but I'd formed the impression that the ZEM in SOD zones sucks enough that this wouldn't really be a winner. Am I wrong on that?

How about goos in Cooling Chamber? Not sure there are enough to support a full half hour's LOTD run, swarming, but the levels aren't in any danger of going green for a lot of expansions to come.

When exactly will current popular swarm spots go green? Thalassius, Valdeholm, MG, Beza... anywhere else people are using now. If we can use them at 86 or 87 at least that's a stepping stone. The real holy grail though would be an instance with corners and tons of mobs that are easy but won't be green at 90. Hidden in Plain Sight comes to mind, other than the potential problem with SOD having a low ZEM.

Graebec
08-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Ill be one of the first to 90 for sure. Killing snow bunnies for awesome xp.

/wave 3p33n.

Khauruk
08-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Well, a level 61 or so will be able to get xp with a level 90. That's still grey con for a couple levels (last alt I PLed was grey for a couple levels but still able to get xp), so 63ish 'til they turn green, and 68ish for light blue.

[Hmm...PoFire greened out at 84, and the highest trash mobs are 68 in there. So, make that lvl 70ish mobs to green out at 90]

Mobs in RSS are level 71-74 if I recall, and Vald was 75-77(?). Thal topped out at 78 or so iirc (not positive). SoF beza/zeka/MG will be 79-82ish. Kaesora is 84-85.

So, the zones where people swarm now will largely still be useful. The xp on them will obviously decrease with each level, and as mitigation and damage tables go up, you will run out of mobs faster.

If you're considering the FoS theme for swarming, I'd think Kurns would be far superior. Much higher mob density, and instances that can be requested with one person (though Kaesora has that too).

I'm thinking that MMM might have the best combo of mob density and ease for swarming....we all know just how damn many mobs are in that zone. Were there any MMM instances? How about Bloodmoon Keep going up towards the BMK3 zoneline? Maybe Crystallos Fire and Ice wings?

Tosk instances might be decent as well.....request instance, and clear out the tunnel and central whole area, drop instance. Korascian Warrens up by the RCC zoneline might be useful as well, though I'm not as sure about corners there. Certainly there's a decent number of mobs though.

BastardLunatic
08-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Is SoF swarmable with it's ramped up attack values?

Can you grab 20 or 30 at once like in valde?

kargren
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
With UF gear group gear or better BMK should be swarmable easily enough. I know I can handle 5-8 at a time there easily enough in SoD raid/OMM gear.

Actualy if things ramp up in the new expansion like they have been in the last few expansions it should open up a ton of SoF zones for solid swarming. I would be interested to try hills of shade. Do your first round up in the birds area then head south to the trees and other mobs then third swarm of the mobs in the caves.

Ski
08-02-2010, 02:11 PM
HOS is a terrible idea imo.

Crypt mobs spin stun, birds blind, wisps mez/blur

I will probably try out FM there is a shit ton of mobs in that zone.

The only viable option is you kill the undead ghosts in the NW of the zone, but not sure there is enough of them.

BastardLunatic
08-02-2010, 03:02 PM
BMK has those mobs with 40k heals

BastardLunatic
08-02-2010, 03:26 PM
aren't there gnomes with a proc that can FD you in a lot of SoF?

Ski
08-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Those are in SF alot, not sure about MMM. I dont think there are any non-named in beza/zeka/ship/FM that proc the FD

Wooknight
08-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Mech Guardian, Top floor anyone?

Really everyone forgot about that on this forum?

Or did i miss something on why that zone wouldn't be the shit to swarm in?

Kaesora Library isn't the worst idea either, high density of mobs, few casters, no summoning crap.

But I really think Mech Guardian will be a good spot, Get the 3rd floor clicky start pulling to the conveyor room, post up kill swarm, pull upto next floor near the port up. Kill that swarm. Continue till at top, and /remove and go get a new task.

Theres nothing that stuns and all the mobs on the 3rd floor+ are 80+ IIRC?

Mobs have 120k hp, or there abouts, do trivial DPS (definetally a lot less then kaesora), The only problem would be the mechanosuit type mobs and their flame arc thinger, but if your levi'd/shrunk/cornered where the fuck are you gunna go?. Nothing summons, will be Dblue for a level or so then go Lblue. With UF group gear even i could see that being very possible, Subjugator 2hander + 5700ac unbuffed could make it viable.

I don't know maybe i am crazy

Graebec
08-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Yea I swarm mecha top floor, and you are correct it isn't bad at all.

Just make sure you have levi =P

Jayzon
08-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Unless you're blowing through the 3-4 levels in 15 minutes, I'm not even sure it's worth your time to reget the instance. Respawn is 22 minutes as I recall.

Khauruk
08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Mech Guardian, Top floor anyone?

Hello, welcome to the first post. Helps to read it. Oh, my post too.

Berg
08-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Currently mobs are DB down to 80, LB from 79 to 70, green from 69 to 65
Assuming they don't mess with things, that LB line should go 1 level per each time we level

86:71
87:72
88:73
89:74
90:75

Alla's zone by level chart (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html) doesn't go into fine enough detail to see when exactly zones will go green on us. Is there a better chart out there showing exact level ranges of mobs?

Looking thru that chart suggest that LDON's might work; its been a very very long time since I've done one so I have no idea if its possible to deliberately spawn them with level 75 mobs as the chart suggests.

Also on the chart are frostcrypt and a number of TSS instances, all showing at the 75 line only. Any of those any good for us?

And of course pretty much all of SOF SOD and UF show in the higher level ranges. A more accurate chart would help a lot.

Right now I can't tell a 70 mob from a 79 mob just by looking at them. I got the numbers for the level ranges by running around conning people who were not role/anon so I could tell precisely what level they were, but there's no way to do that for mobs, other than deleveling to see which mobs con white..

GitzWareru
08-03-2010, 11:24 AM
The grind to 90 is really 4 levels anyway considering that everyone should have their main XP bar filled up by the release date, along with some finished missions saved up so that you can turn your character over to 86th as soon as you log in.

Gitz Wareru (Bloodreaver of Veeshans Fury, Bristlebane Server)

jonnypanic
08-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Meldrath's domain zones in SoF seem to be the best option overall, as most of the mobs start at level 78 minimum and go up to level 82-84. However, it being the first expansion following the AC revamp, they'll also generally be the weakest mobs easily available in swarms in that level range. I'll likely try my hand at MG or the Steam Factory myself. I seem to remember MMM mobs being slightly tougher for the same level range, presumably because it's a locked zone but I can't say for certain. Still, the Factory has similar level ranges.

Most mobs in SoF past DSH have some ability. Yes, a lot of living gnomes have an unresistable knockdown/stun proc, Wrench Throw, while others have the unresistable 6k dd Wrench Toss.
The power suits with the gnomes piloting them have knockback/dd (Mechanomagical Punch), a ~7.5k fire dd (Jet of Flame) and a debuff that reduces fire resist -150 and doubles fire damage taken (Midnight Oil).
Helicopter bots are often healers.
Various gnomeworks have a 5k dd proc (Steam Blast iirc).
Minos can have unresistable 6k-ish and 9k-ish dds (Double-Horn Gore and Axe Throw).
Brownies sometimes give you a proc that heals your target 5k when you attack (Healing Curse).
Oozes summon short-duration swarm pets and have a dd/dot (Cleaning Fluid).
The list goes on. The good news is, nowadays our resists are high enough that this stuff almost never lands anymore (isn't there a 5% minimum chance? I don't recall) unless it's unresistable.
Most of these mobs will just be tougher than TBS trash, but not as scary as they might sound at first. I look forward to it!

Garshok
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Looking thru that chart suggest that LDON's might work; its been a very very long time since I've done one so I have no idea if its possible to deliberately spawn them with level 75 mobs as the chart suggests.

LDONS at any level past 65 are the same as the 65 hard (think it's 65 - may be 67). Running these at 85 (getting +8% avoidance aug for a twink), about 40% of mobs were gray, 50% green, maybe 10% light blue. EXP sucked, though a run was good for maybe 8-9% on an evolving weapon.

At 90 these will likely all be gray with a smattering of green.

Ronak_Xegony
08-03-2010, 01:51 PM
I've experimented with a lot of other zones swarm killing. With limited success, mostly it fails due to either:

1. Mob model is too small (Doesn't corner properly).
2. Special ability (such as FD, stun, mez, charm).
3. Corners/walls are wonky (no true corner).
4. Mob clumping. In some zones, they stay standing way back for some reason, whereas in others they do not.
5. Number of caster mobs. Having 70% of your train gate, makes for abysmal exp.

I'd say SoD zones will be possible in HoT, but, their ZEM is horrible. Perhaps the exp per mob will make up for it, but with their HP, it's going to be a slow swarm.

I'd advise everyone to do the following before HoT release, however:

1. Get to 100% into 85 (Duh.)
2. Bank 10 x Pellucid Grotto mission rewards (about the best level exp I've found per mission).
3. Get 20 hail to complete tasks all done to the final step (the hail).

Log on when servers up at HoT release, claim the 10 PG missions, do the hails, and you will be 87 I bet. It's a nice headstart, and not so reliant on server stability on day 1.

Kelefane
08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I seriously doubt Library can be swarmed. I maybe wrong though and I like to be proved wrong.

flatchy
08-04-2010, 12:59 AM
I will swarm one or two mobs at a time. I spect I will be at 90 a bit later than most by a day or two.

utania
08-04-2010, 05:54 AM
Though I am lothe to post, since things I like to do normally get nerfed.

I've been banking these 5.8 aa tasks

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/Underfoot/VH_T_10.html
http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/Underfoot/VH_T_9.html

Golgi
08-04-2010, 11:43 AM
nice notes Ronak.

1. Mob model is too small (Doesn't corner properly).

i have been able to solve this 100% of the time by dropping levitate effects, but it's possible there are exceptions I haven't encountered.

i'm leaning towards MMM (but the only instanced version is out, due to breakneck spawns), tiny tops are like a free MC proc currently, they are lvl 75 so when would they go green, 86? that's no good, but everything else in there is 79+.

Kraetos
08-04-2010, 02:00 PM
i'm leaning towards MMM (but the only instanced version is out, due to breakneck spawns), tiny tops are like a free MC proc currently, they are lvl 75 so when would they go green, 86? that's no good, but everything else in there is 79+.

Currently dark blue is 5-1 levels below you, light blue is 6-15 levels below you and green is 16-20 levels below you. So if that holds true to 90 then a level 75 mob should be light blue all the way to 90.

Graebec
08-04-2010, 04:53 PM
i'm leaning towards MMM (but the only instanced version is out, due to breakneck spawns)

Eye opens doors, as well as mobs. Get close enough to the door and they should social agro.

I havnt been to MMM since last summer, so take that with a grain of salt.

Golgi
08-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Eye opens doors, as well as mobs. Get close enough to the door and they should social agro.

I havnt been to MMM since last summer, so take that with a grain of salt.

yea. good luck casting an eye with a swarm-able train on your ass.

Graebec
08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
yea. good luck casting an eye with a swarm-able train on your ass.

Or the doors stay open long enough for you to open two, grab agro and then have mobs social agro the other doors (dont know what your plan for swarming would be etc).

I just remember pulling for Breakneck that way. It could be different now.

MephaStophalese
08-04-2010, 09:06 PM
if i remember right doing emotes in MMM will aggro a ton of mobs on you...could find yourself a nice corner, do an emote and wait for mobs to aggro you out of no where.

Its been a while since i was there last so could have changed, and if it still does aggro a ton of mobs, i don't know how many you would get. Worth a shot though to see how many you get.

Tolior
08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
I bet you could find a few nice corners in Old Blackburrow. I wouldn't try swarming anything else in SoD.

Ashengate should be pretty good in the high 80s.

At 90 these will likely all be gray with a smattering of green.I have done a few LDoN's at 80. They are around 75% green and 25% light blue.

I'd imagine they are all gray with a smattering of green at 85.

Khauruk
08-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I bet you could find a few nice corners in Old Blackburrow. I wouldn't try swarming anything else in SoD.

Temple of Bertox has enough corners and mob density, but overall probably not enough mobs or return for the time. Much more swarmable than BB.

I'd imagine they are all gray with a smattering of green at 85.
Very very occasional green.

Tolior
08-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Temple of Bertox :grin:

Graebec
08-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Isn't the ZEM in SoD zones total crap? I rarely did any XPing in SoD, it was all Mecha.

jonnypanic
08-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd imagine skipping live gnomes in SoF woiuld be smart, as they tend to have that irresistable fd/stun effect here and there. I'd say the best bet might be the top of the Mech Guardian as mentioned earlier and Zeka, due to their mech-only spawns. As I mentioned before, we can resist a lot of what these mobs proc and what the droid types generally proc isn't a problem anyways (dots and dds mostly, easily resisted).

The problem I have with moving into SoD is... ever since the AC revamp in SoF, the newer the expansion, the harder similar-level mobs tend to be. Thus, given the option, I'd rather swarm in SoF than SoD and (obviously lol) SoD than Underfoot.

Scuzz zilla
08-09-2010, 01:24 PM
what is this AC revamp from SoF that I've heard mentioned twice?I don't recall anything about it.

BastardLunatic
08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
what is this AC revamp from SoF that I've heard mentioned twice?I don't recall anything about it.

Devs realized that SK's and a few smart wars had totally trivialized tanking with cultural and 100% focus on AC. it didn't matter that the mobs had really high max hits if we always got hit for min. This happened around TSS and TBS so when SoF came out they ramped up the mob attack big time. To the point where attack debuffs actually became useful again.

It was a HUGE difference, where you essentially went from total godmode to, wow these things can hurt me.

jonnypanic
08-09-2010, 06:16 PM
They also started giving more mobs some degree of strikethrough. This increases with expansions so a level 75 SoD trash mob will have higher atk and more strikethrough than a level 75 SoF trash mob. Probably more hp and higher AC as well.

Izabadman
08-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I seriously doubt Library can be swarmed. I maybe wrong though and I like to be proved wrong.

I could already handle 5-6 at a time pure solo at 85, once I can safely double or triple that number, which I suspect will happen with 5 more levels, it passes the break point at which it qualifies for swarming. The layout is ideal for swarming, the mobs are mostly compliant, all that's needed is the proper balance of dps in vs healing...after that it's just fine tuning kill speed.

Khauruk
08-16-2010, 10:17 AM
I betabuffed a wizzy and ported around to a ton of different spots I'd xp in.

Yeah....SoF and SoD are definitely the only options. Find your spots now.

Bacilli
08-16-2010, 10:23 AM
did you try Crystallos?

Ronak_Xegony
08-16-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm sure Crystallos will be doable. I experimented there only briefly, with one pull of 21 mobs. I was able to kill it all, but there were many close calls. The main issue with Crystallos is, if you make big trains there is always the chance you have a named or 2 in it, which skews the incoming vs outgoing dps/healing.

Mafistos
08-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Vald North Gate area may be good up to 87?

Moederneuker
08-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Though I am lothe to post, since things I like to do normally get nerfed.

I've been banking these 5.8 aa tasks

http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/Underfoot/VH_T_10.html
http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/Underfoot/VH_T_9.html

i agree with banking the highest xp tasks you can, i'd be loathe to do those ones jsut out of time consumption vs current output, but i think i'll be running some biddlebokk sets and banking the second ones as they're the highest xp of the 3, all 3 of them are fully prelootable, with the exception of the lore toolboxes (but can loot one on each flagged toon you have access to, though being lower xp than the second one they're not worth banking, just stash one handin of crap to run first off)..granted you can only claim the 10 you bank and turn in 1 of each immediately after, but there're also numerous kill/gather tasks that net 3-5aas each that can be finished with a simple hail, and last i checked the solotasks like this are affected by xp bonuses/lessons so strategic planning with these can net one at least 87.5 within half hour of logging in. all of these i need to double check the regular xp gained, but basing it off the aa's for them i can at least determine which are better to prefarm and which are a waste of time/reward space.

utania
08-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Are people gonna go for levels or a bunch of aa first?

dethvegi1
08-19-2010, 05:53 PM

For me, i'm going for 90 within the first day. Then have all year to work on aa's !

Chania
08-19-2010, 06:22 PM
For me, i'm going for 90 within the first day. Then have all year to work on aa's !

Not me, gonna max my AA's per level as I go up. Go up too fast and everything will be either: a) Green and useless for swarming or b) hits too hard to swarm for max AA gain.

Khat Nip
08-19-2010, 06:25 PM
As it stands now I'm probably going to put more of an emphasis on getting to 90 than getting AAs, especially if certain must-have spells/AAs require being a minimum level.
I'm only at 1341 AAs and certainly having more would benefit me power-wise but so would 5 levels which are attainable more quickly, leaving me a lot of time to AA up.
Of course I get in bouts of a desire for instant gratification so some AAs would be bought here and there.

Moederneuker
08-19-2010, 06:57 PM

i'm going for levels, but as was stated by someone else, the best aa's will have required levels on them, the best being the highest. But I also plan on having 30 banked and enough tasks bankedto hit 87 in minutes anduse the banked points to spend on the most useful immediately. I wouldnt do it this way, and havent done it this way before, if i were considerably lower on aa's as before, but as i'll be well past max before HoT comes out, it's the most logical.

I'm going to guess that pre-90, the only useful aa's ill want right away will be newest levels of ca/cs/totc, if indeed there are new levels of each introduced (havent looked yet, i got time still). They tend to save the best ones for max level, and once you have all the main aa lines of the past the best upgrades the soonest will have the biggest and longest impact- this is the same reasoning i hold for aaing first on the way up, at least until all main lines are bought and benefits of gear outweigh all other aa's still available (most, to me, move up way too early though with tons of aa's left that are gonna help more overall the longer they have them, and certainly moreso than the next set of 100hp 10ac upgrades) and that those gear upgrades will increase the rate of those aa's more than the xp loss per mob will lower it.

but, i'm picky and eccentric, i'd have never gone past 80 as a main or as a tank class, had i not had at least 2k aa's at the end of SoF, I'd also not, as any main that caps over 5k, head toward a new max level at this point without 3500 or so, but that's me. some casters due to spells might be slight exceptions, but generally i personally would hold this standard for myself. if i were to hold the standard for others, as i have in the past for my guild members when we were raiding, it would be much mroe flexible, but still with a bare minimum. the more times ya zoom to max level without getting closer to max aa than you were the last time you zoomed to max level, the more likely you are to actually be falling behind than catching up. say you are 85 and have 1500aas now, just theoretically, how many people that fit that profile, as sk mains, do you think had under 300aas when UF came out? how many, as mains, that have had at any point on date of expansion, under 1500aas, do you think acquired more aa's during the previous expansion, than new aa's introduced in it? the curve for aa counts is going up exponentially though, we had how many new for sof? 800 or so? sod was like 1200? plus another 900 later in the year? then came UF and i didnt even count the increase or can't remember... how to put this differently... say max aa for sof was 2800, idk for sure im ploppinga number in there...now say max for sod was 4k, and max for UF is 5600+...even without the level cap increase in UF, the increase in aa's available per year has gone up and up, while bonuses for lower aa's count xp was given a bonus a couple years back...the best way ofcourse to take advantage of that is to allow that bonus to be magnified by doing them at lower levels, yes, but many drop that theory altogether soon as they hit the magic number of 1k. thing is, the advantage to doing them earlier while still adequately capable of killing at your level doesnt go away, until you start levelling without being prepared for the increased difficulty in the mobs for comparable levels. levelling early prematurely slows the rate based solely on "i'll do it later" rather than " i wanne be prepared and useful" the difference generally on aa's from say 82 to 85, as i tested before i levelled my ranger, was taht the 82 acquired aa's approximately 20% faster than the 85. going back to memorial day weekend when the huge bonus was offered, and lotd's still affected saved tasks etc...by saving levelling til the last of the 4 days isntead of doing it first, my ranger got the equivalent of 3 levels and 100 aa's more than my shadowknight, who was already max level and even had some solo tasks that the ranger did not during that time. it's an exaggerated example, but exaggerating it with xp bonuses and lotd bonuses, is soemtimes the best way to demonstrate the real difference. in 4 days an 85 got 600aas, in those same 4 days, by doing all aa's first, an 82 got 700 aa's and the 3 levels needed to reach 85 as well, from the same kills and the same or fewer tasks. (both were well beyond the low-aa bonus) at the same time...one thign to remember some may forget...if you're rushing for some xp, turn your leadership xp off! my druid, during the same period and also starting at 85 with no aa bonus, had LAA's on and only got about 450aa's vs the SK's 600, and she had 2 evenings of play that the others did not during this 4 day stretch, about 8 hours of low xp play total not shared.

it's all personal choice really, but as far as being expeditious in reaching X aa's and X levels in the shortest elapsed time, aa's first will always speed it up, with isolated exceptions at key levels.

Twinkeltoes
08-19-2010, 11:14 PM
getting to 90 first then AA's unless there is some cool AA that stands out, then again I'll have 30 banked and prob some rewards banked to claim when HoT goes live and will get em.

Garshok
08-20-2010, 08:01 AM
I'll probably do them in tandem. Will definitely pause to get any 'gee whiz' AAs. After that, I'll probably want to keep filling out the most useful AAs at each level to make sure that I have them before my usual hunting grounds green out. So what, one LOTD burn per level?

This is going to be wierd. First expansion ever that I will have gone in at pretty much max AA. (No, no 'packrat' or Earthen Sagacity yet, but pretty damn close.)

Golgi
08-20-2010, 11:21 AM
levels first, always.

Berg
08-21-2010, 07:43 AM
I will level first. I'm at max AA for UF (including even the most worthless AA like innate wisdom) and my gut feeling is that this is far more than HOT will be balanced around. Meanwhile, resists change with level, not with AA, both in terms of me resisting mobs and of them resisting me. Each level will mean more HP and perhaps more of other stats (not sure if they will move the caps...I'm over cap on everything that has a cap, including Bash damage!)

And in terms of getting a group, what is the principle deciding factor other than class? Yep, its your level, people can't see your AA or gear, at least not casually. Look at the difference tanks experience between being 84 and being 85, currently. When someone dings 85 the group offers start rolling in.

I know that I'm screwing myself in a way, that it would probably be easier to max out all the 86 AA's before dinging 87, and so on. But I don't think the difference will be -that- large, from the discussion here it looks like there are plenty of places swarming will probably work even if the only change is our level, and that doesn't include gear or spell or AA upgrades that may make swarming even some UF zones possible.

And frankly (although I'll still push hard to get them as fast as I can) I don't mind that this plan is going to slow down my AA'ing some. One of the enjoyable aspects of EQ is the gradual progress of leveling and getting new AA; when you max out the AA bar it becomes more bland. I can't wait to sink my teeth back into exping for a while, and if it takes twice as long to get to 90+ full AA by going in that order instead of AA first, well so much the better.

I did make a point of getting the Convorteum axe, even though I rarely use a two hander now since exp isn't of any interest; the added Damage stat there will help rip up swarms once I can exp again.

Khaguk
09-04-2010, 11:57 AM
And in terms of getting a group, what is the principle deciding factor other than class?

Which person offers the largest bribe for the SK to group with them instead of their fellowship.

UF should've desensitized you to the begging, go for the $$$.

Graebec
09-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Swarming in Mecha is fucking $$ bills. Just be wary of the steam suits and their knockback. Even with levi, it pushes you back some, and if you do not pay attention or are just starting off etc, you will be out of range and getting raped.

But even better, is the "group swarm" I did too. The reg XP was viscous.

Arishkogol
09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Swarming in Mecha is fucking $$ bills. Just be wary of the steam suits and their knockback. Even with levi, it pushes you back some, and if you do not pay attention or are just starting off etc, you will be out of range and getting raped.

But even better, is the "group swarm" I did too. The reg XP was viscous.

How many can you handle in MG? I understand that the number is essentially irrelevant if you're doing it right, but I'm a gimp and need to gauge things before I charge valiantly to my death =)

Graebec
09-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm doing it again later tonight, ill run log and parse some stuff to give you actually numbers.

Arishkogol
09-04-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm doing it again later tonight, ill run log and parse some stuff to give you actually numbers.

Sweet, thanks, bro-ham =)

Twinkeltoes
09-05-2010, 10:30 AM
My prob with MG was I'd run out of mobs to easy....

Graebec
09-05-2010, 11:29 AM
My prob with MG was I'd run out of mobs to easy....

I could be snarky and say l2pull, but I wont because I don't know what areas you are at. If you are only sitting on one floor...then thats your fault. I give you more credit than that though.

Twinkeltoes
09-05-2010, 12:12 PM
I could be snarky and say l2pull, but I wont because I don't know what areas you are at. If you are only sitting on one floor...then thats your fault. I give you more credit than that though.

I noramally camp top floor, and try to pull 2nd floor but they get stuck a lot, and it's just annoying to keep going through the porters...I'm just spoiled from FC swarming where you got to stay in one place and let mobs come to u lol.

Graebec
09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
I use the teleporter box to (4th) floor. Clear all of that open area, and run up to the room where the coleoptera mechanical beetle eye mob is and clear all of those.

Then I run back to the teleporter, hop down a level and grab all of the mobs and head to the soot room. Once done with those, Ill go down to the back of the soot room (aware from where you entered) and grab those mobs in the hallway, and bring them back to soot room. Once all of those are disposed, you head back up to teleporter and the 4th floor mobs have respawned.

(That was with the dope group too). Shaman decided to just keep pulling mobs to us, so I didnt even have to pull and we had plenty.

Solo, you would probably go much slower, so once finished with soot room, you could just go back up a level and restart.

Ronak_Xegony
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I prefer grouping with casters for long grinds, specifically wizards. The last time I did the level grind, from 80 to 85, it was mostly me/druid/wiz/wiz/wiz/bard. It took about 15ish hours.

Why do I prefer casters? Not just the fact their sustained DPS is higher (good ones are anyway), but especially the fact that tanking is quite easy and relaxing with casters. The mob never moves. Simple reason, I know, but a good one to me.

Jadenpain
09-07-2010, 01:41 PM
I did MG last night PLing my wifes new wiz...
We had 2 rangers 2 sks 0 dps wife(trading pl for house work)wiz and clr.
basicly swarming having rangers using there hail. We basicly cleared all the way to the 1st porter as they top floor was repopping. over the weekend the exp bonus and having max aa We laughed that we couldnt spend the aa fast enough.
Swarming may work but for group still looking for a better spot typicly having 3 rangers we would run outta mobs before respawn.

Jadenpain Bloodknight
Bristlebane
Fu World Order